NFFTY is the world's largest and most influential film festival for emerging directors. In 2018, we screened 286 amazing films from the best filmmakers 24 and younger representing 24 states and 24 countries, with over 10,000 in attendance. We provide a first-class festival experience that includes four days of film screenings, parties, networking events and panels.
NFFTY 2019 will be held October 24-27 in Seattle, WA.
In 2014 and 2016, MovieMaker Magazine rated NFFTY as one of the top 50 festivals worth the entry fee.
- Two filmmakers from the Pacific Northwest will be selected to attend TheNextFilmFestival International in Odense, Denmark during the summer of 2019 with flight and hotel costs covered thanks to the generous support of the Scan Design Foundation.
- Jury Awards – We are committing to awarding the best short films created by filmmakers 24-and-under from around the world. We are proud to announce that a $500 cash prize will be awarded to the Best Narrative Short, Best Documentary Short, and Best Animated Short for both student films and non-student films, as well as Best Experimental for student films, for a total of seven Jury Prizes and $3500 in total cash prizes in this category.
- Other Festival Prizes & Awards – We’ll be announcing additional Jury, Audience, Special Awards closer to the festival. In 2018, we gave out $1,500 in cash awards, over $5,000 in software and gear, and over $40,000 in additional scholarships.
- Original Content Projects – In the past few years, we’ve given out over $50,000 in cash to NFFTY Alumni to produce special branded projects. Once you’ve had a film accepted into NFFTY, you will be eligible for these opportunities.
- At The Festival – When you attend NFFTY as a Filmmaker, you get to meet fellow young filmmakers from around the world, network with industry leaders and grow as a filmmaker. It’s truly a once in a lifetime experience.
- The film’s director(s) must have been 24 years of age or younger at time of filming.
- All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed. See our Resource Guide.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMITTING:
View the Official Rules & Guidelines here: http://www.nffty.org/official-rules-guidelines
View Frequently Asked Questions here: http://www.nffty.org/frequently-asked-questions
View info on Music Licensing here: http://tinyurl.com/n2x35gp