Allow us to introduce you to MY INDIE SHORT FILM FESTIVAL.
A new chapter has started as we move into the next era of cinema history. We enter this year, 2020, our inaugural year, and we are here to stay and make a tremendous impact in the independent film community.
My Indie Short Film Festival is a celebration of films from independent filmmakers all over the world. Located in the heart of Los Angeles, the cinema entertainment capital, the MISFF promises to be a ‘Can’t Miss Event’!
What is the MISFF Experience?
Imagine your movie on the silver screen in front of 230+ people in the audience. Sitting in the audience are industry professionals, producers, agents, managers, content seekers, the press, studio and network representatives, a new fan base and more importantly, your peers, family and friends.
Imagine how it would feel when everyone stands and applauds as you are called forward and recognized for your accomplishment. We want to serve you, the Filmmaker!
The MISFF experience will be comprised of a fabulous deep-dive into the world's #1 showcase of independent short films.
In addition to the Short Film Showcase, there will be:
- Q&A Discussion with Industry Professionals
- Q&A Discussion with Independent Filmmakers on the rise
- Meet & Greet
- Open Forum Discussion
- Honorary Selection Presentation Awards
- Official Film Selection “BEST” of Awards
This amazing event will take place at the Downtown Independent Theater, where they combine technology with art for a fully immersive cinematic experience.
It doesn’t stop there. With your Official Selection Filmmaker’s Badge, you will have VIP access to the much-anticipated Networking After Party. We want to provide a comfortable and fun environment for you, the filmmaker, to network with other industry professionals and independent filmmakers. Building relationships, connecting with your peers and cultivating your visions together will allow you to thrive and advance in your career goals. This is an event you'll want to be part of.
From the Live DJ mixing on the one’s & two’s, free Hors d'oeuvres and a few show stopping surprises, this is a celebration and networking opportunity for all independent filmmakers.
“You are the thing you Write. You are the thing you Shoot. You are the thing you Edit.”
Be inspired! Go make your movie! Submit your film to MISFF! Let's all watch it together.
What can you expect from your submission?
The MISFF mission is to fairly and closely evaluate all film submissions. Every submission will be given its well-deserved respect, privately screened time, breakdown and final evaluation by our panel of professional judges, producers and consultants. So this guarantees, during the submission phase, every film will be watched and fairly evaluated.
What is Honorary Selection?
It is a fact that, at any festival, not all the submissions will be selected and screened at the event. So we want to help remedy that fact and give more opportunity for films to be showcased and filmmakers to be acknowledged.
Every year, in preparation for the festival, it is the MISFF tradition to identify and highlight a select group of Independent Filmmakers and their films from around the world. These selected artists are invited to submit their film and will be honored in a special ceremony at the festival. We want to recognize the hard work, the creative talents, the aspiring dreams and vision that are shared through your films.
*Note: Because Honorary Selections are hand picked by the MISFF committee, any films submitted in this prestigious category will NOT be in consideration for “BEST” Awards. That is reserved for the other submissions and Official Selections.
Honorary Selection Recognition Awards
Official Selection Films:
- Best Short Film
- Best Student Film
- Best International Foreign Language Short Film
- Best Film Shot on Mobile Device
- Best Web Series
- Best Music Video
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editor
- Best Original Score
1: Submission Format:
• All Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway - Online Screeners ONLY. Please submit with your Vimeo or YouTube links. If your video submission is Password Protected, please provide the Password.
• Please submit your Final Cut. Any updated films after initial submission may not be evaluated.
2: Submission Eligibility:
• All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2015
• We accept submissions that have been screened at other film festivals
3: Submission Fees:
• All submissions to MISFF are to be paid via FilmFreeway platform
• Submission Fees are Non-Refundable
4: Process of Selection:
• All submissions will be fully and fairly evaluated by our committee panel
• Evaluation Criteria:
Quality of Narrative
Execution of Vision
Quality of Cinematography
Quality of Edits
5: Official Selection Notification:
• MISFF will complete all selection procedures and notifications will be sent on September 1st, 2020.
• Films that are successfully selected will receive a Digital MISFF Film Festival Kit that will include information on press, required medias, screener requirements, contact information and how to make the most of partaking in the festival and networking soirée.
• How submission can be eligible for distribution
6: Festival Screening – Official Selections ONLY:
• It is the MISFF mission to provide the best cinematic quality and experience to filmmakers, industry attendees and guests. MISFF will not be held responsible or liable for any failure in the technical quality of the video file, projections during screening, nor will any Fees be refunded if such a case should occur. MISFF takes the stance that all filmmakers have fully double checked their video files, sound outputs, and taken every measures to make sure they have met all the submission requirements. Please check your exports before you submit!
7: Festival Schedule:
• All scheduling of Screenings are at the discretion of MISFF management. Every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule. MISFF reserves the right to make changes at any time if a change is necessary. MISFF will not be liable or held responsible in any way for any and all cost claimed as a result of a schedule change.
8: Promotion | Marketing:
• Selected and Honorary Selected films must acknowledge that MISFF reserves the right to promote the films, festival, and special events using images, videos and medias provided by the filmmaker and or submission parties.