The Australian Muslim Film Festival awaits you for 5 weekends of independent films made by Muslims, or telling stories about Muslims anywhere in the world, by anyone Muslim or non-Muslim!
Muslim Film Festival 2020 will be held in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, and Canberra.
Our second annual event of MFF would be open to feature films, short films and animated films, fiction or documentary, with local and international entries from anywhere around the world.
The major criteria for entry are that films should be either:
* MADE BY MUSLIMS,
* MADE BY NON-MUSLIMS BUT TELLING STORIES ABOUT MUSLIMS,
The festival aims to promote inclusion, tolerance, friendship and introduce Muslim society's culture and stories to a wider audience.
Our festival was founded to support and promote Muslim independent films from all around the world and will continue to do so. We recognise how difficult it is to get your film out there and find a platform where your film can reach the right audience. We aim to promote and provide exposure to these films and organise entertaining and culturally diverse sessions over several weekends across Australia's major cities.
Our program will reflect the diversity and opportunities within Muslim communities in the West and all over the world, through fiction, animation and documentary films and our goal is to show films that the audience would otherwise have not seen, and leave a lasting impact.
We look forward to seeing your submissions and welcoming you to the second year of the Muslim Film Festival between 5th of September and 5th of October 2020!
The official selection will be carefully picked by our panel of expert judges, and will constitute the films nominated for an award. The films screened at the event will be selected from the official selection and promoted on our social media platforms and website, and the best ones will receive awards at the film festival in a range of categories. The winners will get our official laurels and will be featured on our Facebook page and website and in our media press releases.
The MFF 2020 will have ten major awards:
1- Winner of the best feature film: $500+ laurel
2- Winner of the best short drama film: $250 + laurel
3- Winner of the best documentary film $500 + laurel
4- Winner of the best short documentary film $250 + laurel
5- Winner of the best Director: gifts + laurel
6- Winner of the best Producer/Production: gifts + laurel
7- Winner of the best Actor: gifts + laurel
8- Winner of the best Cinematography: gifts + laurel
9- Winner of the best Script: gifts + laurel
10. Winner of the Festival Director's prize: $250 + laurel
Note: We may withdraw some awards where the criteria weren't met for some categories.
- We only accept films in ENGLISH or with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
-We accept only films which comply with Islamic morals and values. Nudity, drug use, explicit sex scenes, vulgar language and so on are not accepted. If your artwork breaches this condition and you submit it anyway then the MFF committee or jury panel will not accept it for consideration. No refund will be issued.
If you are in doubt please email us before you submit your film on: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The Judging panel is not required to give reasons why a particular film was not accepted in the MFF official selection. However, the winners may receive feedback explaining why they won.
- Short films must not exceed the 40 minutes length requirement.
- Feature films must not exceed 120 minutes in length.
- All the films should be made after 1 January 2018.
- By submitting to the festival you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at our venues Australia-wide in 2010, namely in Australia's major capital cities such as Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Canberra, and exclusively during the national event of MFF in September and October 2020 .
-By submitting your film, you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your press kit for marketing purposes. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties.
- Selected films will be requested to provide all promotional materials for the promotion of the festival screening. We encourage you to submit a press kit upfront when you submit your film. Any submission missing media kit by the deadline would be considered INCOMPLETE.
- Media Kit MUST include minimum of:
a- a trailer of no longer than 1 min, (you can submit two; one for Instagram and a longer one for other social media platforms.)
b- Director's statement,
- All submitted film files should be DOWNLOADABLE by our staff or jury panel, in FULL HD and in either DCP, MOVIE or MP4 files only.
If you have DCP copy we encourage you to submit it either upfront or later on when your film has been selected.
-Any submitted films which are found not downloadable, in FHD and not in English or with English subtitles, will be marked as incomplete. If you can not rectify that, the film will be rejected and no refund will be issued.
- Student filmmakers get a concession and they are highly encouraged to submit their films. We may ask for a student card or any other evidence to prove their status as students if needed.
- the filmmakers of the officially selected films will be requested to sign an indemnity form, as well as providing a copy of their photo ID, for security and safety purposes.