Herzlich Willkommen bei den MÜNCHEN FILM AWARDS!
Munich Film Awards (MFA) is a fresh face in the illustrious film festival culture of Germany. Hosted in the heart of Munich, MFA strives to redefine what a film festival can be by creating a stimulating environment where creativity, originality, and inspiration take centre stage. Our film festival allows filmmakers from across the globe to push boundaries and showcase their unique voices through the shared cinematic experience.
We are very proud to be ranked as one of the Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals on FilmFreeway. Our festival ranks in the top 1% of more than 11,000 film festivals and creative contests around the world, and we are qualified by the IMDb.
MFA’s hand-picked judging body is comprised of esteemed filmmakers and industry professionals from multiple cultural backgrounds, as we believe having different perspectives is vital in today’s diverse cinematic landscape. MFA gives independent filmmakers the special opportunity to have their films reviewed by these prestigious individuals.
At MFA, the support of independent filmmakers is our primary objective. We endeavour to promote young, talented filmmakers by exposing their works to larger audiences. In doing so, we foster a distinctive space that allows filmmakers to prosper through expert judging, unique marketing, and distribution networking. MFA acts as an event where independent filmmakers can forge fresh relationships and partnerships with fellow creatives and reach new heights together.
In 2021, our virtual event had over 800 attendees from 122 different countries, allowing filmmakers to have their works exposed to audience members from all corners of the Earth. In 2022, we plan to host a physical event alongside a virtual event, allowing even more audience members to become engaged with refreshingly novel cinema.
MFA accepts films from all genres across the globe. Every filmmaker accepted into our curated selection of films will have the opportunity to win awards, cash prizes, and more!
"Our team has had the opportunity to be a part of over 100 festivals and the Munich Film Awards is one of the best experiences I have had in my career!" - Michael Davis
The judges of the festival will carefully select the films to be nominated for awards, and create a selection of nominated films to be screened in front of the live audience. The fantastic event will give filmmakers opportunities to watch their film on the big screen as well as the opportunity for networking.
Awards are given to the categories below:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Student Documentary
Best Student Director
Best Music Video
The winners will be announced at the event, on our website, and on social media a month prior to the event date. The selected high-quality films will have a chance to win awards such as trophies, certificates, gift cards, and cash prizes starting at $200!
Our Rules and Guidelines for 2021/2 Submissions:
Your submission implies that you have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration, along with your acceptance of MFA regulations.
1) Non-English films are required to have English subtitles
2) Student Films will require proof of student ID to qualify for the discounted rate. Any non - student films submitted into the category will be disqualified! The project must also be completed while enrolled in eduction.
3) Features are any film over 45 mins. Short films are 45 mins and under.
4) To submit a film or script, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
5) We do not send out physical tickets. The submitting filmmaker's name will be on a list at our ticket desk. Any purchased tickets will be on this list as well.
6) Films must be 2017 or newer to qualify for an award.
7) Our festival is run by a small group of volunteers, film enthusiasts, and professional film judges. Every effort is made to provide great communication and fun festival experience. If there is anything we can assist with, please send us an email and we will contact you back within 24 hours.
8) MFA reserves the right to refuse acceptance of submissions deemed by the festival to be inappropriate and violating the Rules and Terms. Should you wish to question MFA about the decision, you can contact us by email.
9) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
10) All fees are non-refundable