The Mukundara International Film Festival seeks to introduce audiences to diverse, contemporary films from around the world.
It is MIFF’s goal to bring filmmakers and audiences an experience unlike any other; one that not only rewards but advances careers for these artists. It is our hope that he festival will help lay a foundation for new and upcoming filmmakers and further the careers of more established professionals.
Mukundara International Film Festival is built around a dedication to quality &
commitment. The festival is loyal to all those who choose to participate with what it has to offer.
The first annual festival will be a two-day event showcasing the works of filmmakers from India and others countries as well.
Panel discussions, guest speakers, and networking events will augment the festival.
Mukunda International Film Festival 2021
1) Best Feature Film (Duration: more than 40 mins)
2) a) Best Short Film
b) Best Large Short Film
3) Best Documentary
The Festival is open to filmmakers from all over the world.
The Film submitter should be an authorized person or an organization; Film Director or Film Producer or Production Organisation.
You can submit as many films as you wish.
• Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must have English subtitles at the time of submission.
• Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (Mukundaraiff.com or FilmFreeway).
• Films must have been completed after April 1, 2000, and must be available for screening during the Mukundara International Film Festival.
• Films with distribution (obtained prior to being selected for MIFF screening) or films produced, financed, or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition but will be considered for a non-competitive screening.
• All films that have been previously screened, shown on the Internet or in other festivals will be eligible.
• MIFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
• Films that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes. Notifications regarding potential selection for competition status possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for exhibition.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
• Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigate or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
• Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. MIFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
• We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because MIFF’s focus is on the story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version with minor changes.
• Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by MIFF in connection with the dispute.
• You MUST include your physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
• MIFF has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
• MIFF explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by MIFF or by its volunteers.
• Winners will be announced on October 24, 2021. The judges’ decision is final.
• Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
• The organization can use pieces from the selected films (10% maximum) to promote them and the festival.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
• DVDs and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you wish to acknowledge the receipt of your entry.