Our Festival is Biennial, giving local and global entrants twice the time to complete your movies.
This gathering of mountain based movie, edits, stills, slides and imagery is what drives our spirit of adventure. We believe that there is a healthy balance between Adventure, Recreation, environmental and educational values. Enjoying all these mediums is our gain in World Adventure and Life.
Our philosophy is to embrace all age groups in show casing there mountain adventures, by providing venues, connections, opportunities and education"
We embrace all global travel filming and all mountain adventure lifestyles, even animation movies are highly regarded.
Open Section - Gold Silver, Bronze
Student Section - Gold Silver Bronze
THE RULES – T&C’s
1. Entrants must submit a completed ‘Entry Form’ to enter the Festival.
2. Entries must be submitted by 5:00pm (EST) Sunday 30st July 2017.
3. Entries will not be considered valid until the entry fee has been paid.
4. Entries must be submitted in formats outlined in the ‘Event Brief’.
5. Entries must be between 1 - 8 minutes in duration.
6. Upon submission, entrants are granting rights to Mt Buller Short Film Festival to:
a. Exhibit the film in the Mt Buller Short Film Festival and any subsequent tour or Festival affiliation
b. Reproduce the film for inclusion as part of a compilation
c. Exhibit the production either in part or in total for promotional purposes.
7. Entries must be appropriate for public broadcast, and must not violate any copyright or other legal requirements.
8. The film entrant/producer warrants to the Mt Buller Short Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material (ie if your film is based on a novel or poem). ‘Permission to Appear’ & ‘Parental Consent’ forms can be found below. Entrants must include a full credit list on the film.
9. The event known as ‘Mt Buller Short Film Festival’ is owned and managed by the Mt Buller Short Film Festival organizing committee, with support from the Mt Buller Alpine Resort Management Board (ARMB).
10. The operations and subsequent conduct of the competition is solely at the discretion of the Mt Buller Short Film Festival organizing committee.
11. Mt Buller Short Film Festival is sometimes approached with opportunities to show entries for use other than for promotional purposes, and will contact entrants for permission prior. Submissions may be eligible for inclusion at Film Festivals that partner with Mt Buller Short Film Festival, to be decided at the committee’s discretion.
12. Entries submitted to the Mt Buller Short Film Festival are not able to be returned. It is the responsibility of the entrants to have a copy of their entry.
13. The judges’ decision is final. Finalists and subsequent winner will be announced at the Mt Buller Short Film Festival Gala screening on Saturday 12th August 2017. Finalists will be advised via email or phone within 24 hours of announcement.
14. The Peoples’ Choice award will be tallied by votes received at the showing of finalists’ films at the Gala Event at the discretion of the Mt Buller Short Film Festival organizing committee.
15. Should the winner not be in attendance of the Gala Event, the prize will be distributed via Direct Bank Transfer.
Refer to website www.mtbsff.com.au