Now entering our fifth year. The Moving Forward Film Festival is an Enterprise activity organised and run by students at Dundee and Angus College.
After the success of our first year we hope we can make the 2023 festival bigger and better than our last event. We not only hope to show Comedy but also Drama, Animation, Action, Documentary and Thriller short films with a max run time being 15 minutes.
We are also very proud to have this year entered into an exciting partnership with local cinema and community hub The Montrose Playhouse. This partnership will see this years festival be bigger and better than ever before!
With three beautiful, adaptable cinema screens, two flexible activity rooms, a modern, comfortable café bar and a packed programme of events, workshops, classes and activities aimed at all ages and abilities, The Playhouse is one of the most exciting new venues for the residents and visitors to Angus and South Aberdeenshire.
Tickets will become available closer to the event date.
Each selected film shall receive an official selection laurel.
each category winner will receive a certificate and winners laurel.
The team will select the entries for each category. Submitters will be notified by email.
The categories are:
1. Best Non student Film for each category
2. Best Student Film for each category
3. Best of Fest (audience award)
1. All movies must be in English or subtitled in English.
2. All selected films will be considered for awards.
3. if your work is selected we will notify you by E-mail from the 2nd March 2023 .
4. All films must be suitable for all ages.
5. No physical copies are needed. If selected submitted screeners will be shown at the event. These must be made available for download.
6. Submission can only be made online via Film Freeway.
7.Film must be under 15 minutes and made after 2015
8.The festival reserve the right to withdraw awards at any time if insufficient entries are received
9. If award winners are not present trophies can be posted at a cost to the winner.
10. Submitter must hold all rights to video and its soundtrack and must be able to present up to date documentation if required.
11. Decisions made by the festival are final.
12. Student submission must be able to verify student status.
13. In the event of Covid disrupting the planned Festival all Winners will be selected by The student Events panel.
14. All profit will be donated to a local community project.