We are Mosh Film Fest! A new festival, heading into its sophomore year, dedicated to celebrating the diverse world of heavy metal music through the lens of cinema; featuring an eclectic programme of films and events that encapsulate the spirit of heavy metal and the ethos of what metal encompasses to its fans and to its artists all around the globe!
Mosh is all about using cinema to remember why we love this music, show others the immeasurable merits of metal, and spotlight stories that showcase the life changing effects of heavy music! It is our mission to create a fun, loud and inclusive space for fans of every genre of metal music/film and to spotlight filmmakers, musicians and audiences from all backgrounds, especially those hugely underrepresented in the genre from diverse ethnicities, genders, people from our LGBTQ+ communities and people of all different abilities.
The world of metal is vast, so our goal with opening submissions is to bring in a variety of amazing depictions of metal that we might not have seen otherwise, in order to share them with our passionate audience!
At Mosh FF we are committed to making this niche music genre more accessible, striving to produce a heavy programme and communal festival atmosphere that can be enjoyed by everyone, from the most hardcore metal fans, to opening the minds of others and encouraging new people to explore one of the richest genres of music on the planet.
We can’t wait to bring audiences together through a curated programme of films, panel discussions, events, parties, live music, art and club nights that celebrate the energy and essence of metal; and one that also inspires and challenges negative stereotypes, bringing our metal tribes and alternative communities together in a moshpit of cinematic awesomeness.
• Accepting all types of moving image entries including documentaries, feature films, short films, music videos, archive films, animation, web series and TV pilots. We have no premiere requirements or restrictions on films that have been broadcast or are currently available online.
• All entries should demonstrate a significant interest in extreme music or alternative music subculture e.g heavy metal, punk, goth, hard rock etc.
• £5 for submissions under 30 minutes in length, £15 for submissions over 30 minutes in length.
• If you are from an underrepresented background or you can't afford the fee please get in touch to tell us your circumstances and we'll see what we can do :)
• If your work is selected for Mosh Film Festival, you grant the festival permission and license to exhibit your work and use a portion of it in promotional materials; and you are expected to deliver screening materials within the deadlines requested.
• By submitting your film, you waive any and all screening fees for the Festival.
• Submission also certifies that all film and music rights and clearances have been obtained (in accordance with UK copyright laws). By submitting, you agree not to withdraw your film from the festival after it has been accepted by the selection team.