Moscow International Children’s Film Festival invites children, teenagers, youth, parents and teachers to get acquainted with the best films for children, teenagers and youth and films made by children and teenagers (under 18) under the guidance of adults.
The film festival presents to the public the best films from all over the world made by adults for a children’s audience, as well as films made by children and teenagers from different cities and countries, trying themselves as producers, screenwriters, actors, directors, animators.
The extensive program of the Moscow International Children’s Film Festival is designed for children (6+), teenagers planning to go to the film and art schools, their parents and teachers.
The film festival brings together filmmakers making films for children with young filmmakers who make their first steps at film and video creation. Our goal is to inspire and support young filmmakers, and give wide audiences the opportunity to get acquainted with modern films for children and teenagers.
The Moscow International Children’s Film Festival is a large-scale festive event with an extensive and vibrant program of films on the big screen for children and teenagers, as well as parents, a series of meetings with directors and master classes from leading film experts representing various film schools.
All best films that were selected for the screening, will be shown on the big screen during the solemn final ceremony on March 21 – 27, 2022 in Moscow, Russia and will be able to struggle for the main prize and the title of the “Best film”. As well as for the prizes in the standalone nominations.
Our jury selects the winners of each category:
For films made by adult directors
The Grand Prix
Best Feature Film
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Animated Film
Best Short Animated Film
Best TV Pilot / Web Series
Best Music Video
Best Mobile Short Film (Cinematic)
Best Mobile Music Video
Best Mobile New Media (Sketches, Skits and Vlogs)
For films directed by adults and teenagers (Kids for kids)
Best Narrative Short Film Ages 12 and under
Best Animation/Stop Motion Short Film Ages 12 and under
Best Narrative Short Film Ages 13 – 18
Best Animation/Stop Motion Short Film Ages 13 – 18
Best Documentary Short Film Ages 13 – 18
Best Web Series Ages 13 – 18
Best Mobile Short Film (Cinematic) Ages 13 - 18
Best Mobile Music Video Ages 13 - 18
Best Mobile New Media (Sketches, Skits and Vlogs) Ages 13 - 18
Best Director (10 – 18 years old)
The winners are awarded with diplomas and prizes from the organizers, sponsors and partners of the film festival.
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to MICFF, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
1. All films must be suitable for an audience of up to 18 years old.
2. All entries must be in English or Russian (official languages of festival) or – SUBTITLED, DUBBED, regardless of the country of production, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
3. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
4. All films selected for screening grant Moscow International Children’s Film Festival the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks, as well as will be shown live on TV channels of partners of the Festival as a part of the festival exhibition.
5. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee. – There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
6. There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
7. Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
8. Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2015 are welcome to participate in the contest.
10. Submissions will not be returned. All fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submitting is not a guarantee of being programmed. Our jury screens the films PRIVATELY (meaning: it’s not a public screening!). Only officially selected films we’ll screen at our annual event.
12. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.