Our motto is: Make a film. Change the world. The Mosaic World Film Fest presents quality independent work that may not otherwise be seen in commercial theaters, and represents filmmakers and film communities from around the world.
We are looking for competence in the filmmaking craft; work that has vision and spirit; original subjects with well-told stories; and diverse voices. We look for films that represent different facets of filmmaking, and polished productions to no-budget gems.
The festival welcomes comedy and drama and everything in between. We have categories for narrative, documentary, experimental, animated projects, and music videos of any length. We have both student and open awards for all of our categories. Entries from any country are accepted.
Our past MWFF fest judges have included some terrific filmmakers including: Oscar-winning director Dan Lindsay, Oscar-nominated and Sundance Film Festival winning director Bing Liu, TV and Film director Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum, cinematographer Cynthia Pusheck A.S.C., production designer Kevin Conran, educator and filmmaker Camille DeBose, and many more.
The 13th annual fest will be held in Rockford, IL at The Nordlof Center on September 18th, 19th, and 20th 2020. For more information on us please visit the MWFF website: http://mosaicfilmfest.com or look for the hashtag #2020MWFF
Submissions for our 2020 fest will open on October 1st, 2019. The entry period for the 2020 fest will be October 1st, 2019 - May 30th, 2020.
Award certificates are presented to the best films in all categories as decided by our panel of industry professional judges.
2020 MWFF SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Each filmmaker may submit up to, and no more than, three (3) films. A separate entry fee in US currency and separate submission form is required for each film entered.
- Film duration must be between 1 second and 45 minutes including credits and opening sequences for short film categories. All films 46 minutes or over will be placed in the feature film categories.
- Films should be within an American “R” rating (Go to MPAA: https://www.motionpictures.org/film-ratings/ to see what each rating means) or lower and final decisions on content are at the ultimate discretion of the preliminary judges who will be previewing the films before the event.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the MWFF and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live MWFF events.
- Films should either be in English or have English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
- Films may be entered into ONE category only.
- Films must be submitted by May 30th, 2020.
- To be eligible for awards in their category, films must have been made on or after January 1st, 2019. Films made prior to that date will be considered for screening at the fest, but will not be eligible for competitive awards.
- Films previously submitted to the MWFF are NOT eligible.
- If your film is selected a high quality HD download of your film (if not already submitted) and any EPK or marketing materials will be requested.
Any questions or clarifications should be directed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your film(s).
Our panel will review your films and we’ll let you know by July 15th, 2020 whether or not your film has been selected for this year’s Mosaic World Film Festival. Full session listings and schedules will be posted by August 15th, 2020. Award-winners for each category will be announced at our #2020MWFF Opening Night Event on Friday, September 18th, 2020.
All filmmakers who have a film selected for the #2020MWFF event will receive a complimentary VIP fest pass for two, which will allow them and a guest admission to all sessions at the festival.