The Mosaic International Film Festival is a celebration of culturally diverse independent filmmaking. It’s a forum for unique storytelling. A platform for filmmakers worldwide to share their stories, experiences, and cultural identities with the people of Nova Scotia through the art of film.
Founded in 2019 as a local event for filmmakers to promote their work, it has since evolved into an international festival, bringing together a broad range of cultures from around the world. Today, the festival is aimed at providing an immersive and educational experience to those involved in the filmmaking industry, as well as aspiring filmmakers and artists.
Filmmakers can submit their work in one or more of the following categories: Feature Film, Documentary, Animation, Short Film, Short Documentary, Short Animation, Student Short Film, Screenplay, Music Video.
The 5th annual Mosaic International Film Festival is set to be an unforgettable hybrid event. All submissions will enter our Official Competition, with accolades and recognition given to the winning filmmakers. We are committed to highlighting the best in culturally diverse independent filmmaking, and the festival jury will carefully select a group of films to make the Official Selection. These works will be showcased to a global audience through our online screening platform.
But that's not all - we're thrilled to announce that a select number of films from the Official Selection will also be featured in a live screening event in early spring 2024.
Accolades will be awarded to the winning filmmakers in the following categories:
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Short Film
Best Atlantic Short
Best Short Documentary
Best Short Animation
Best Music Video
Mosaic Film Festival Guidelines:
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. Short film entries must be under 30 minutes in length.
3. Films must be submitted via online screener.
4. All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2023.
5. Works-in-progress and films with distribution are accepted.
6. The Mosaic International Film Festival places no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
7. More than one entry may be submitted, and each must be submitted separately.
8. Awards and Official Selections are based on overall merits of the films and are at the sole discretion of the jury and programming committee. All decisions of programmers are final.
9. All FilmFreeway submissions for the Mosaic International Film Festival are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
10. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold us, including our volunteers, our directors, and our sponsors and affiliates harmless against all claims arising out of entry or participation in The Mosaic International Film Festival.
11. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
By submitting to the Mosaic International Film Festival, I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms and regulations of the Mosaic International Film Festival. I will provide the festival with any additional information required pursuant to these rules and regulations. I authorize the Mosaic International Film Festival to exhibit my film, and if selected, I confirm that an exhibition copy will be available in a required format for screening during the festival. I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film/video to the Mosaic International Film Festival and that all rights and clearances have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. I hold Mosaic International Film Festival harmless from damage to, or loss of any or all materials en route to, from or otherwise at the festival. I assume all legal responsibilities therein. By Agreeing to these terms, I transfer to Mosaic International Film Festival the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the 5th Mosaic International Film Festival, and for other non-commercial uses related to the promotion of the festival. I hereby agree to indemnify Mosaic International Film Festival, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.