Moora Film Festival 2024
The Moora Film Festival is a vibrant celebration of Western Australian made films presented in 2024 alongside the Shire of Moora Short Film Competition which provides a valuable platform for the regional community to showcase their talents, stories and creativity.
The Moora Film Festival 2024 strives to showcase and celebrate local creativity, the stunning landscape and unique stories from our region.
The winning entries of the Short Film Competition will be screened before a public audience at the MPAC.
Attracting audiences from across the region, the Moora Film Festival 2024 will bring a slice of movie magic right here to the country.
Moora Film Festival 2024 Short Film Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The Moora Film Festival 2024 Short Film Competition theme is Western Australian Stories. Your film must contain the theme Western Australian Stories to show that your film was specifically made for the Moora Film Festival 2024 Short Film Competition. Examples of the 2024 theme Western Australian Stories: A story set in Western Australia. A documentary about your town. The words Western Australian Stories is mentioned. Someone reading a Western Australian Story. A picture of Western Australian landscape in the background. The theme Western Australian Stories can be as subtle or as direct as you'd like it to be.
2. To be eligible to win, your film MUST be made exclusively for the Moora Film Festival 2024 Short Film Competition and cannot screen anywhere prior to the Shire of Moora screenings. (In school screenings of work produced by that school and only to the students and teachers of that school are permitted.)
3. Your film must not be made public on any online platforms before the 2024 festival.
4. Open to Western Australian residents of Moora and surrounding towns and shires.
5. Submissions must be set and filmed in Western Australia.
6. Submissions must be no longer than 3 minutes including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit. Titles and Credits are not compulsory.
7. You must have the rights to all music and sound contained within the film for usage in cinema and online.
8. All genres accepted.
9. There is no age limit or qualification required.
10. Films can be created on any device.
11. Films submitted in languages other than English must include English subtitles.
12. In the children category, the Filmmaker may receive some support from individuals (parents, guardians or teachers) over 14 years.
13. Final film must be delivered in minimum HD quality.
14. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway following their rules and upload conditions.