Monte Carlo Movie Awards is a quarterly online event that is committed to bringing filmmakers of all levels – even beginners – a chance at taking home a festival award. The festival showcases films from various countries and will be a vital hub for indie film makers to prove their talent to a true audience as well as jurors.
This festival encourages filmmakers from all countries to enter the Film Competition where we will be screening new feature-length films, high-quality short films, documentaries, music videos, and web series as well as conduct talks with industry special guests. Although the festival prefers to screen newer films, all submissions will be considered. The festival will consider any film in any genre. From the entertaining to the educational, inspirational to thought-provoking, comedic to ironic, the festvial is the place to showcase your films to the widest possible live audience.
So if you’re a feature film filmmaker or a filmmaker that creates innovative short films – whether they’re drama, comedy, animated, documentary (e.g. observational, travel, humanitarian, environmental), or experimental – you’re welcome to enter. And yes, we prefer films in any languages. However, films other than English language, needs to have French or English subtitles.
Montreal Movie Awards Section & Prize
A panel of independent Judges will determine the category winners.
The basic categories are as follows:
Best Feature Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Sound Design
Best Original Screenplay
Best Student Film
Best Actor Short Film/Feature Film
Best Actress Short Film/Feature Film
Best Director Short Film/Feature Film
(Here is the list of Special Categories…)
Best Super Short Film
Best Music Video
Best Director Super Short Film
Best Short Script
Best Mobile Phone Short
Rules & Terms
• Film production could be from any year as long as it has not been commercially solicited or openly accessed via free online content providers.
• All genres permitted
• International films are strongly encouraged to apply but French or English subtitles are required on all non-French of English speaking films.
• More than one entry may be submitted. Each must be submitted with its own entry form and fee. Get in touch with us to receive the guildes for submissions
• After you submit, please contact us to find out if your film has been receive.
• If selected the filmmaker must allow video clips of the submitted work to be used as part of promotional montages of the Festival.
• The festival has the right to work with any institution for promotion of the celebration.
• If chosen for festival screening, all submitters must supply an online high resolution digital file to download or mail in a flash drive.
• If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. A complete press kit and an online link to your film will be needed as soon after notification as possible. The Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
• All submission fees are non-refundable.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.
SCREENINGS & PUBLICATION
By submitting your application you agree that all performance rights are held by the producer of your project and that the Film Festival will in no way be held responsible for any copyright infringement.