Celebrates films that bring independent spirit and an original voice to cinema.
At Mongolia International Film Festival
the sky is the ceiling and the grass is the floor.
No matter you are established or not
we believe everyone can tell a story
and everyone has a story to tell.
What we are looking for
are those who have a unique vision
an original voice and a free spirit.
They dare to challenge cinema
challenge the audience
take filmmaking to a whole new level
and blow our minds.
Here at Mongolia International Film Festival
is where we await
the courageous spirits to inspire us all.
* Golden Genghis Khan Award: Best picture of the festival
given to the film with the most courageous, independent spirit and original voice.
* Black Horse Award: Best picture of each category
We accept all genres, in any language, from all countries. One film can be entered in multiple categories.
1) Short films must be under 40 minutes and features should be 41 mins and more.
2) Upon submission of a project, the user certifies that all materials submitted to Mongolia International Film Festival is his or her own work, and that all other information provided, is true and factual.
3) If film is selected for participation, the organisers are allowed to extract material from any parts of the film for publicity purposes (i.e images for posters and scene clips, if required).
4) By submitting your film to the Mongolia International Film Festival the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5) Mongolia International Film Festival will take reasonable care to protect all information received, but in the event of information theft, the organisation is void of responsibilities, related profits, expenses and liabilities arising from the incident.
6) Mongolia International Film Festival will take reasonable care to protect all materials received. However, in the event where similar or identical materials, in terms of idea, plot, theme or other elements, have been created by the festival staff members, the festival and its staff are void of responsibilities and the obligation to compensate. Similar or identical materials are purely coincidental and have been independently created.
7) Mongolia International Film Festival reserves the right to organise the presentation of materials in any order.
8) Please keep the festival informed of any address, phone or email changes.
9) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Mongolia International Film Festival, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
10) Mongolia International Film Festival holds no responsibilities and liabilities to continue the actual festival in the event of unforeseen interruptions.
11) After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified. Official selection doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination. Only the award winning films will be screening at the festival.
12) The filmmaker will not be reimbursed the submission fee if they decides to withdraw the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.