Waikato Film Hub presents a cinema screening of Waikato-made short films called 'MistyFlicks'. Films are either made by Waikato residents, or made in Waikato - the mission is to support filmmaking in our region.
Short films are judged by a panel, who select films from across a range of genres to make for an interesting viewing for everyone who attends. The showcase is marketed toward a public audience who can experience a night of diverse short films.
MistyFlicks Short Film Showcase started in 2018, and each year it’s our aim to bring the show to another venue. This year we have our premiere night in Hamilton followed by screenings in Raglan and Te Aroha.
1) Films must be Waikato-made. This means either fully or partially filmed in the Waikato, NZ region, or cast and crew features Waikato talent. Evidence of this may be requested.
2) Submitted films can be completed from any year, as long as it is available on the required formats to screen.
3) Films can have screened at other film festivals. MistyFlicks encourages you to display your success on the night by listing the film festivals your films has attended and any other accolades cast or crew have.
4) MistyFlicks has the right to withdraw any film from certain venues if it is inappropriate for the audience for any reason.
5) Once selected films can be submitted by DCP or mov file. Please submit with a low resolution link to the film.