The City of San Antonio has long had a deep artistic well of individuals that have raw, untapped potential in the creative art of filmmaking. As such, the San Antonio Public Library (SAPL) has taken the vital role of fostering local talent by creating a film festival that celebrates local talent and creativity.
SAPL’s Mission City Film Festival has been created to encourage development in the art of film making by local talent and it is its mission to showcase and promote the artistic filmmaking made by emerging and established filmmakers of San Antonio.
• Best Overall Picture
• Best Director
• Best Documentary
• Best Feature Film
• Best Short Film
• Best Super Short Film
Winners will have their films shown at:
Alamo Drafthouse - Park North
618 Northwest Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
Wednesday April 10, 2019
Seating is limited!
Get your free tickets at :
A trophy will be handed to the winners of the film categories. All selections will be shown at San Antonio Library Branches throughout the city.
• Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc) are eligible.
• Films screened at other film festivals are eligible.
• The video/film shall have been produced by the entrant and/or the entrant shall have the unrestricted right to disseminate it. All persons appearing in the video/film shall have provided written consents for his or her likeness being used in the production
Festival and Entrants’ Conduct
• All entrants of the Mission City Film Festival (MCFF) shall not submit any film(s) that in whole or in part violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others; which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights; vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable; which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense; gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law, including, but not limited to, HIPAA; or which contains any advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. All entrants shall not modify, exploit, create derivative works, or otherwise interfere with the material submitted by other entrants. In the event of permitted copying, distribution, or publication of such material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend, or copyright notice shall be made.
• Submitted films must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy, publicity, or any other proprietary rights of a person or entity, including but not limited to: location releases for footage shot at any location; name, voice, and likeness releases for any person whose name, voice, likeness, and/or feature appears in the film, other that the entrant; releases for the use of any props, set dressings, and other materials used in the film; releases from any individuals participating in the production of the film and releases for any other audio and/or audio-visual materials not wholly owned by the participant(s), which are used in the film.
• If the film contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or are subject to proprietary rights of third parties, the entrant hereby automatically grants or warrants that any third parties owning material included in the submitted film, have expressly granted to Mission City Film Festival the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material, with the objective to promote the goals of the Mission City Film Festival and the mission of the Mission City Film Festival.
• If any person(s) appearing in any film is (are) under the age of majority in their State of residence, the original signature of a parent or legal guardian is required with each release. Entrant must obtain such releases before submitting film.
Termination, Cancellation, Suspension, Disqualification
• MCFF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to consider any film ineligible and disqualify the entrant, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the MCFF in whole or in part and without prior notice at any time, if it suspects, or finds that:
• The film actually or potentially infringes upon any third party’s intellectual property right and/or it is discovered that the necessary permissions for an entered film have not been obtained (see Section 6). MCFF reserves the right to verify that any intellectual property rights are not infringed and that all related permissions have been obtained.
• The film does not comply with the established entry requirements and/or in the sole discretion of MCFF the film contains obscene, unlawful, or other objectionable material, as defined in Section 4.
• The film is advertising or promoting products or services.
• The entrant is tampering with or otherwise commits fraud relating to the entry process or the operation of the MCFF. The entrant is acting in violation of these Rules and Guidelines.
• Entrant grants to MCFF a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, display, reproduce, screen, edit, publish, translate, and distribute the submitted film (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright and renewal that may exist in such material, with the objective to promote the goals of the MCFF and the mission of MCFF and its subsidiaries. This includes uploading the video to the mysapl Youtube channel and linking the videos to the MCFF page.
• Entrant grants to MCFF the right to use submitted film to create a trailer or to splice together with other submitted films for the objective to promote the goals of the MCFF and the mission of MCFF and its subsidiaries. Entrant grants MCFF the right to use the entrants’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds, and/or biographical information and films in connection with the MCFF and for any and all advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the MCFF and promoting the mission of MCFF. The entrant will be clearly acknowledged for any use of his/her material and his/her name will accompany any dissemination of the material he/she owns by MCFF. Beyond permission granted herein and acknowledgment, MCFF shall not be obliged to compensate the entrant for use of the submitted material, unless prohibited by law.
Disclaimer of Liability
• By Registering with the MCFF, all entrants agree that MCFF and its subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, and contractors, are released and discharged from and against all and any costs, claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses of any sort arising out of, or generally relating to: submission of the material for the MCFF and participation in it, the use of the material by MCFF, the decisions made or actions taken by MCFF in connection to the conduct and administration of the MCFF and the acceptance and use on their part of any prize. MCFF and its subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, and contractors, are not responsible for technical failures of any kind; any problems or delays arising from any technical, software; equipment malfunctions, computer viruses, or congestion; unavailability of the MCFF submission website; any other technical, equipment, or human errors of any kind with regards to the administration of the MCFF; or any damage or alteration to the entrants’ film that may occur in connection with the uploading or display of the film. Also, MCFF is not liable for any failure to screen the entered films on the Internet or at any venue.
• Entrants specifically acknowledge that MCFF is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other entrants or of comments made on YouTube or anywhere the film is posted and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the entrant; also the entrant waives any right to seek injunctive action or other equitable relief relating to any claim against MCFF and its subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, and contractors.
Changes to the Rules and Guidelines
• MCFF shall have the right at any time and without prior notice to modify, suspend, or terminate the MCFF or the Rules and Guidelines, or any part thereof; and/or impose new rules or guidelines, if it considers appropriate. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on the MCFF website, sending electronic or conventional mail to the entrants, or by any other means by which the entrants obtain notice thereof.