Love the idea of attending the Toronto International Film Festival but hate the idea of the travel, the lines and the crowds? Problem solved – MFF will feature films from TIFF and other major festivals ‘right around the corner’ in our own town. We go to TIFF so you don’t have to!
In addition to eight critically acclaimed feature films from Canada and around the world, the Festival will once again be showing a selection of short films by local and regional film makers, as well as hosting discussion panels with filmmakers and film academics.
In partnership with the TIFF Film Circuit Program, the Milton Film Festival will continue to bring the best of local, Canadian, and international films to the beautiful Mattamy Theatre.
Make your January more exciting! Join us :)
All short films are eligible for the Allegra Audience Choice Award, which includes a cash prize of $100.
We have a finite number of films that we can fit into a weekend. Like most film festivals, there is a selection process. Submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- FEATURE FILMS must be OVER 70 minutes in length
- SHORT FILMS must be UNDER 20 minutes in length
- We are only selecting Canadian films through FilmFreeway at this time
- While we will gladly accept films from anywhere in Canada, priority is generally given to films with a local connection to Milton and Halton Region
- Your submission has to actually be a film. It has to tell a story or make a point or seek to inform the audience.
- Your submission has to be ready for a festival. The cinematography, lighting, editing and direction have to reflect a level of skill and effort consistent with the competitive spirit of a festival environment.
- It has to be compelling. It needs to hold the viewers' attention so that they feel they have enough invested in it to see it through to the finish.
SUBMITTING YOUR FILM
The deadline for submissions is October 30th, 2019. If your film is selected, you will be notified by December 1st, 2019.
Films may be submitted online by completing this form, along with a link to a screener copy your film. If your film is accepted, you must also submit an HD .MOV file suitable for exhibition, either on a flash drive or from a file sharing download site. YouTube videos are NOT acceptable.