Welcome to Milan Film Awards! MFA is a non-profit organization with the aim of helping Independent filmmakers every step of the way, from funding to recognition.
MFA aims to support Independent filmmakers and scriptwriters from all over the world and their filmmaking. Milan Film Awards accepts films of all shapes and sizes. For further information regarding requirements of the different categories please contact us.
Our event date will include award ceremony, Q & A, live screening and networking opportunity. We're looking for films with a powerful story and distinct voice. We look forward to reviewing your films and meeting you on event night. Our networking opportunity is an amazing time to meet great people in the same industry and even create more work together.
MFA encourages filmmakers/scriptwriters of all backgrounds and experience levels to submit. We encourage students to submit and have a special waiver code for submissions. If you are a student please send us your Student ID to take advantage of these.
For further information regarding categories, deadlines, fees and submissions process, please check us on FilmFreeway or send us an email at email@example.com.
Submission & Evaluation Process:
We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films judged and let them compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
We award in these categories:
- Best Short Film (with cash prize)
- Best Short Documentary
- Best Director
- Best Writer
- Best Producer
- Best Soundtrack
- Best Music Video
- Best Editing
- Best Short Animation
- Best Short Action
- Best Short Drama
- Best Short Thriller
- Best Short Comedy
All submissions will individually be watched by one of our judges, picking the best films. All selected nominees will be contacted 1 month before event date by the MFA team. For our programme selected nominees will need to send their film marketing for promotional purpose for MFA. Tickets will be available to purchase a day after notification date.
- By submitting your film to our festival you agree that the filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing.
- You may submit more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay the entry fee for each film.
- All non-English films are required to have English subtitles.
- By entering a film into the festival you assert that you have the right and authority to accept these Rules and Terms and Conditions and to grant the rights described in these Rules and Terms and Conditions.
- A film entered into the festival’s competition will not be considered unless the appropriate entry fee has been paid. Once a film has been entered, its entry fee will not be refunded.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter the festival’s competition.
- Films must be submitted via the festival’s FilmFreeway listing.
- All official selections will receive the festival’s Official Selection laurel.
- Winning films will receive a prize, an MFA trophy, the festival’s official Best in Category laurel and an award certificate.
- All decisions made by the Management Team and the competition jury are final.