COVID- 19 update: This event will now take place online with no physical event. In accordance with government regulations, we believe it wouldn’t be possible to ensure the safety of all visitors during these uncertain times. Please stay tuned for more information and updates about the online event.
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬. 𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧!
MFA is a celebration of film. We aim to bring together creatives from around the world under one roof to celebrate their creations and inspire the next generation of innovators. Since we started this annual event, we have received thousands of submissions from over 125 countries
At our event we have an award ceremony for our official selections. We also provide a Q&A with winners, live screenings and networking opportunities. We're looking for films with a powerful story and a distinct voice. At MFA we try to focus on providing networking opportunities. We aim to create an international community of creators which pull from each-others expertise. We do this by providing a Networking Booklet which includes information about each filmmaker and their project. We also include their contact information to help build lasting relationships. Customised certificates, laurels and trophies are also provided to our award winners.
Each submission is reviewed by our MFA jury of industry professionals. They judge each submission on 10 different categories including creativity, cinematography, pacing, and writing. This judgment process helps us ensure only the highest quality of submissions make it to our final stage. This stage includes a group jury viewing in which we chose our official selection.
We look forwards to seeing what you submit and hopefully meeting you at one of our upcoming events!
Submission & Evaluation Process:
We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films judged and let them compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
We award in these categories:
- Best Short Film (with cash prize)
- Best Short Documentary
- Best Director
- Best Writer
- Best Producer
- Best Soundtrack
- Best Music Video
- Best Editing
- Best Short Animation
- Best Short Action
- Best Short Drama
- Best Short Thriller
- Best Short Comedy
All submissions will individually be watched by one of our judges, picking the best films. All selected nominees will be contacted 1 month before event date by the MFA team. For our programme selected nominees will need to send their film marketing for promotional purpose for MFA. Tickets will be available to purchase a day after notification date.
- By submitting your film to our festival you agree that the filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing.
- You may submit more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay the entry fee for each film.
- All non-English films are required to have English subtitles.
- By entering a film into the festival you assert that you have the right and authority to accept these Rules and Terms and Conditions and to grant the rights described in these Rules and Terms and Conditions.
- A film entered into the festival’s competition will not be considered unless the appropriate entry fee has been paid. Once a film has been entered, its entry fee will not be refunded.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter the festival’s competition.
- Films must be submitted via the festival’s FilmFreeway listing.
- All official selections will receive the festival’s Official Selection laurel.
- Winning films will receive a prize, an MFA trophy, the festival’s official Best in Category laurel and an award certificate.
- All decisions made by the Management Team and the competition jury are final.