International Micro μ Festival, is the fastest-growing independent short film festival in Greece.
What makes Micro μ festival unique is the fact that it takes place in different cities around Greece and the world on the same day and time. It thus gives the ability to its audience to connect, through simultaneously watching the 15 pre-selected films of its contest section in real time and then voting for their favourite.
Micro μ festival’s ambition has been to promote the short film genre to a wider audience, especially in rural areas of Greece and selected cities abroad. Micro μ aims to unite culturally diverse audiences all over the globe through internationally highlighting the work of short filmmakers
The festival has had a great impact to the Greek audience so far. Since 2011, when it was first launched in Athens, requests to include new cities in its network have greatly increased. So far, the festival has managed to raise the number of participating cities in approximately two per year, recently reaching a network of fifteen screening locations in Greece and abroad.
The IMMF 2020 includes the following categories:
1. Competition Section (Greek submissions)
2. International Section
3. Student Section
During the IMMF 2020 the audience will also have the chance to enjoy special tributes and become part of various workshops around the Europe.
The festival awards the audiences' “favourite film” with a statuette.
The first and second winner films receive prize packages from sponsors for equipment and post production services for their next productions.
Terms of Participation
• Each film director can participate with more than one film, provided that they are not older than two years.
• The total duration of each participating film should not exceed 25 minutes.
• The applicant should either be the only beneficiary or has cleared all the rights of each entry submitted to the festival.
• The fifteen short films that will be screened at the contest section of the festival will be selected by a committee that will be announced after the 15th of July 2020. The committee will be announced at the Festivals official website.
• The films that will be screened in all other sections of the festival will be selected from the festivals’ organizational committee.
• The selected films that will participate in all sections of Micro μ will be announced through email to the applicants after August 15th 2020 and through the festival’s official website.
• In case your film is selected, aside from the high resolution file of the film* you will also have to send us the Festivals Official Participation form you will have received.
• Following the film and official form submission the applicants have no right to withdraw their participation.
• All files sent by post should clearly indicate “ Without commercial value, For cultural purposes”
• Shipping charges related to materials for the festival that cannot be sent through email, are covered by the applicants.
• Shipping charges that refer to material returns after the festival when needed will be covered by the festival.
• The Organisational committee and all the hosting venues of the festival are not responsible for any copyright issues related to public screening of the films during the festival.
• The Organisational committee has the right to screen part of each film (up to 15% of its duration) on television or the internet for promotional support of the festival and not for commercial reasons.
• A copy of each film together with the initial application form and any promotional material sent to us will remain to the festival’s archive.
• Any use of devices aiming to record audio or visual parts from the venues of the festival during the festival is strictly forbidden without permission from the Organisational Committee.
• Micro μ Festival is not responsible for any loss or destruction of material before or after the festival.
• The audience of Micro μ festival, the only judge of the festival’s films, vote for their favourite film at the day of the festival only after the end of the screenings.
• The festival’s award will be given to the director of the film that will collect more votes at the end of the festival.
• Each signed received application (either through filmfreeway or through the festival’s official form) received by the festival implies full and unconstrained acceptance of all of the above terms of participation.
*Materials needed in case your film is selected :
A. The subtitles of your film both in SRT and Word format (with appearance times)
B. High resolution file of the film (Mpeg4, HD 1920x1080, preferably in 24 fps, PRO RES 422), one with embedded subtitles and one without.
C. Promotion material (in high resolution accordingly): poster with logo (pdf or jpg), at least two stills from the film, director’s photo, trailer (both a file and an online link), synopsis and credit list.
D. The attached form, completed both in Greek and English.