SUBMISSIONS 2020 – Sixth edition
The international film festival for children and teens MI PRIMER FESTIVAL, is excited to announce its call for entries for its fifth edition from the 16th to the 23th February of 2020 that will take place at different cultural places in Lima and other cities around Peru.
MI PRIMER FESTIVAL aims to create an exhibition space for films and audiovisual content from national or international origins, target to children and young people. This Festival also is seeking to promote audiovisual creativity from an education process, teaching people rich in originality, flexibility, vision, initiative, and confidence.
The festival provides Peruvian children and young people an opportunity to understand different cultures from all over the world, and helps international children’s film professionals exchange experiences and ideas.
MI PRIMER FESTIVAL
The sixth edition of MY FIRST FESTIVAL will feature the following awards:
BEST FEATURE FILM AWARD: the best fiction or animation feature film.
BEST SHORT FILM AWARD: fiction, animation and documentary categories.
BEST TV/WEB SERIE AWARD: the best tv-serie or web serie.
LITTLE FILMMAKERS AWARD: the best short film made by children.
TEENAGE COMPETITION AWARD: The best short film made by teenagers.
MADE IN PERU AWARD: The best short film with content aimed for children made by Peruvian youth or adults.
The jury is made up of producers, directors and specialists in children's cinema or audiovisuals and the public vote consists of children, teenage girls. A symbolic prize and a diploma will be awarded in each competing category. The Festival will be responsible for sending the prize and the diploma to each of the winners after the event.
1. Any natural and / or legal person can apply, individually or collectively, of any nationality and any age but the “Small filmmakers” and “Teenage competition” categories.
2. The audiovisual works will be presented by sending a screener, it could be a Youtube, Vimeo, or Google drive link. It is mandatory to submit this link online for registration. Applications will not be accepted through digital files for download as We Transfer or similar. In the case of TV / Web series registrations, the 1-chapter screener must be sent.
3. The year of production of the films must be from 2017 onwards and be directed exclusively to a child and / or adolescent audience.
4. Audiovisual works must be submitted in Spanish language or in the original language subtitled in Spanish. Separate subtitle files will not be accepted, the applicant must send the feature or short film already subtitled or dubbed into Spanish.
5. Each participant may submit a maximum of 3 audiovisual works, but it is a prerequisite fill out a registration for each work.
6. Only the owner of the copyright or legal authors can register the audiovisual work. The participant must sign the registration form in accordance with the rules and assignment of rights of his work. The participant assumes responsibility for the accuracy of this fact.
7. In the case of audiovisual works submitted by minors, the head of the child will be responsible for complete and sign the registration form. This person must provide their personal contact information.
8. When registering the participant authorizes the film to be display up to free in the festival contexts and disclaims any economic compensation for this item. Once the films had been duly registered and selected they may not be withdrawn from the festival program.
8. When registering the participant authorizes the film or serie to be display up to free in the festival contexts and disclaims any economic compensation for this item.
9. The Festival can use the 15% of the film / series to commercial purposes selected in any printed, electronic or audiovisual publications films.
10. Selected films and series that have been properly registered could not be removed from the festival's schedule.
11. The authors or owners of the selected films and series will be contacted by email and / or Whatsapp from November 17, so they are asked to be attentive to communications on those dates.
12. The audiovisual material required for the screening of the film / serie during the festival can be presented within the deadline proposed in the following formats: BluRay, DVD or Full HD files, Formats (MP4, MOV), H.264 codec.
13. The delivery of the audiovisual material for the screening will have a maximum term from the date of your request until December 15. My First Festival reserves the right not to accept the shipment after the date indicated.
Registration is free and will be open from September 8 to November 3, 2019.
There are 2 ways to register:
a) Through registration by the international online platform for sending FilmFreeway films:
* In the case of sending submissions through FilmFreeway it will not be necessary to fill out the registration form as explained in the opcion “c”.
b) Through the “registration form” that you can download from the link available on the fan page of MY FIRST FESTIVAL https://www.facebook.com/miprimerfestival/, or through our web address https://2019.miprimerfestival.net/.
Send the “registration form” properly completed and signed to email@example.com. The registration of a film means that those who register have accepted these rules.
This registration is complemented once the screener link has been sent through the email firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by at least two photographs of the film and a photograph of the director with a minimum of 300 DPI of resolution (preferred JPEG format).