Maskoon Fantastic Film Festival is the only festival in the region focusing exclusively on modern genre film, bringing the best horror, thriller, fantasy, sci-fi and action films from around the globe to Beirut and, by default, to the Arab World.
The festival’s main target is to attract a young and diversified audience through a rich program, giving them the opportunity to discover international genre films that rarely get official theatre releases in the Middle East, while offering a variety of special events such as master classes, conferences, family screenings and outdoor activities.
Maskoon Fantastic Film Festival is a member of the European Fantastic Film Festivals Federation.
Short Film Competition award: Winning film invited to screen at an international festival
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR SHORT FILM COMPETITION:
WHO CAN APPLY
• Arab filmmakers, students and amateurs are eligible to participate
• Eligible countries are Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen
Maskoon Fantastic Film Festival seeks independent short films (fiction or animation) from any of the following main genre groups: Horror, Supernatural, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Crime, Action, Thriller, Suspense and Dark Comedy.
** Documentaries, experimental films and music videos are not eligible.
SHORT FILM ELIGIBILITY:
• Only films produced between 2019 and 2021 are eligible for submission
• Runtime should not exceed 20 minutes
• All formats are accepted (shot on film, digital or mobile phone)
• Films must be subtitled in English
• Films must not be posted online or available for download on any platform
• Screening formats: DCP, BluRay, HD quality file (.mov/ .mp4)
**Directors whose films will be selected should send the screening copy of their film, with technical information (synopsis, biography of the director) and promotional materials (1 film still, 1 photo of the director) by September 2021 at the latest.
***By submitting your short film, you declare that all materials contained within the film do not violate any existing trademark or copyright. It is the sole responsibility of the entity or entities claiming ownership of the submitted short film to secure licensing and/or permission from the trademark or copyright holders of the material in question. This includes music, stock images/footage, or any other elements.
If your short film contains unlicensed or uncleared materials, it is the responsibility of the owner or owners of the film to license, clear, or otherwise replace these materials before submitting your film.
** For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org