Madrese film festival was started in 2013 by a group of teachers who had concerns about teenagers' education.
At first, they tried to concentrate on a number of schools throughout the city of Tehran; but step by step and with great effort, they have expanded their work through the whole country during the 5th festival; maintaining themselves as the most important short film festival for students under 19.
In this edition, 1294 works from all provinces of Iran have been sent to the festival’s secretariat. Madrese short film festival’s focus is on the works which have been made by students under 19.
In the 7th madrese film festival which was our second experience in the international arena we’ve received somewhere around 100 works from 26 countries; and managed to have four different mutual screenings with Russia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, and Wales. In the same edition in our National section; we have received 4114 works throughout our own country.
In our 8th edition we had works from all continents, 134 from 28 countries...it was our first year that we hold our festival physically with all the difficulties around and manage to have several diplomats as the representors of the winner countries to collect their trophy take a look at our photo albums to find more.
The primary purpose for gathering together this festival was to discover the talents of our students at a young age but now, things have changed and we are trying to develop a dynamic ecosystem in which you can learn from everyone throughout the whole world.
MISFF is trying to prepare an appropriate environment for our teenagers to grow by discovering gifted ones and educating them by great art teachers, and by this education tries to introduce them to the world of art and cinema.
Suit up for the 9th edition, stay tuned for the festival news.
Best Short Fiction Film
Special Jury award
Terms and Conditions for Admission
- The film director must be a student. (Under 19 years) all others submitting will be disqualified, fees will NOT be refunded.
- Date of Submission of films March 21, 2022
- The film must be completed after January 1, 2018
- All topics will be allowed.
- Films will be judged in Short fiction, animation, documentary.
- Submissions outside of Iran will be judged separately under the name "Students of the World".
- The prizes are non-cash and awarded to the winner of a letter of appreciation and a trophy.
- Awards in each section are conferred for the best film.
-The festival recognizes the creator of the film as the owner of the film.
- International films can be uploaded through filmfreeway.com or another upload platform.
- The festival reserves the right to use the Films for the promotional teaser, screening during the festival, the introduction of the festival, and posting on the site.
- The festival only accepts one copy of the film.
- Films are not refundable upon submission to the festival.
-All Films must be under 40 min.
- Any technical defects within the film are the responsibility of the copyright holder.
- Movie Codec: The movie must be encoded as an H.264 file.
- Extensions Accepted: AVI, MOV, MP4
- Recommended frame rate: 24fps
- Recommended movie resolution: HD, FHD.