2023 will be Stockholm Intl Fantastic Film Festival - Monsters of Film’s twelfth year. It is Stockholm’s first and biggest film festival for horror, sci-fi, fantasy, surrealism, dark art house, and fantastic. This year's festival is held October 13th to 22nd 2023.
Film submissions are now open for Monsters of Film 2023! We are looking forward to seeing your submissions!
STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL SHORT FILM AWARD (SHORT FILM)
All submissions will be screened before the selection of contenders is made. If you have been selected to contend at the Monsters of Film Short Film section, you will be notified.
STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL AUDIENCE AWARD (FEATURE FILM)
• The film cannot have been produced earlier than 2022.
• The film must be completed by the time of submission.
(Final editing and/or colour/sound corrections excepted. However, the film must be fully completed and ready for delivery and screening no later February 28, 2023.)
• Let us know if there are any changes or updates regarding the film. If the update has significant impact on the former content a new submission will have to be made.
• An online screener must always be delivered together with the submission form.
• If the film is selected for the SIFFF - Monsters of Film 2023, YOU must provide us with a hi-def copy of the film, technical specifications, and marketing material as well as deliver according to the festivals specs (preferably DCP) before the deadline.
• We do not accept material that in any way opposes a threat to people according to their gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation or disabilities.
• Submission of a film to SIFFF - Monsters of Film states that the film’s owner/maker and/or producer accept the above rules.
IF YOUR FILM IS ACCEPTED
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore, by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows:
You/ Your company…
1) hereby grant(s) the organizers of SIFFF - Monsters of Film permission to screen the film during the Festival and other associated promotional events.
2) [if chosen to compete for the Official Selection Short Film Award] agree to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final.
3) understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
4) will be solely responsible for all costs regarding transports of the film to and from the Festival.
5) have obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
6) have obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
7) confirm and warrant that you are the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and have full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. You also warrant that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
8) have read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2022 of the Festival.