MONSTERS OF FILM returns for another week of fantastic cinematic experiences!
All roads lead to MONSTERS OF FILM, and this year’s festival will be open between the 14th and 20th of September, 2020.
SUBMIT FILM TO MONSTERS OF FILM FESTIVAL 2020
Submissions open March 23 - July 7, 2020
OFFICIAL SELECTION SHORT FILM AWARD
We proudly announce that the 2020 festival edition will feature the MONSTERS OF FILM International short film section for the sixth time running.
A selection of submitted films will be chosen to compete and screened for our International Jury, and in public, during the festival. The Jury will deliberate during the festival to select a winner which will be announced ahead of the closing ceremony on September 20th, 2020.
NOTE! All submitted films MUST be considered horror, sci-fi, arthouse or fantastic. Your film must at least have elements of these genres, for if not, the screening committee will have the option to disqualify your entry. MOF offer no refunds on submission fees for entries that have been submitted against the terms.
(That is, if your short is a documentary on ecological stuff or minimum wage labor, it probably isn’t for us. Although the Anthropocene is real horror.)
RULES AND TERMS
• The film cannot have been produced earlier than 2018.
• The film must be completed by the time of submission.
(Final editing and/or colour/sound corrections excepted. However, the film must be fully completed and ready for delivery and screening no later August 30, 2020.
• Let us know if there are any changes or updates regarding the film. If the update has significant impact on the former content a new submission will have to be made.
• An online screener must always be delivered together with the submission form.
• If the film is selected for the MONSTERS OF FILM 2020, YOU must provide us with a hi-def copy of the film, technical specifications, and marketing material as well as deliver according to the festivals specs (preferably DCP) before the deadline.
• We do not accept material that in any way opposes a threat to people according to their gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation or disabilities.
• Submission of a film to MONSTERS OF FILM 2020 states that the film’s owner/maker and/or producer accept the above rules.
IF YOUR FILM IS ACCEPTED
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore, by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows:
You/ Your company…
1) hereby grant(s) the organizers of MONSTERS OF FILM permission to screen the film during the Festival and other associated promotional events.
2) [if chosen to compete in the Official Selection Short Film Award] agree to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final.
3) understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
4) will be solely responsible for all costs regarding transports of the film to and from the Festival.
5) have obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
6) have obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
7) confirm and warrant that you are the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and have full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. You also warrant that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
8) have read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2020 of the Festival.