MOM Film Fest, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that serves as a career development and advocacy resource for mothers working in film and television. Our mission is to amplify content made by moms and create job opportunities that will get #momsbackonset and back to work in the film and television industry.
Right now, moms are missing from the filmmaking landscape in a major way and the pandemic has only set us back even further. On top of fighting for parity, experiencing racial inequalities, and a lack of inclusion on all fronts – women in the film and television industry also face additional conscious and unconscious prejudices when it is discovered that they’re moms. This is the reason many women in our industry are still mothering in the shadows and keeping motherhood a secret, but we're here to help change that.
Our annual online film festival is one of our main initiatives and it was created by mom filmmakers for mom filmmakers. However, anyone is welcome to submit their project to our festival, as long as a mom held a leadership position on the project. But please note, that in order to be considered for Best Director, Best Cinematographer, or Outstanding Performance - a mom must have served that role on the project being submitted to those categories.
We accept short films and series of any genre made anytime after 2017 and with a maximum runtime of 30 minutes. When submitting a series, at least 2 episodes must be submitted and the total runtime of all episodes combined cannot exceed 30 minutes.
The 3rd annual MOM Film Fest will take place online August 19-21, 2022, with an in-person industry mixer as well as our awards ceremony to be held in NYC on August 21st, pandemic-pending. Join us!
Best Short Film
Best Mom-themed Project
Best Social Justice Project
Outstanding Young Performer
* All MOM Film Fest winners will receive an award and will split 30% of ticket sales..
All entry fees are non-refundable. It’s up to you/your team to make sure your project meets our criteria and the submission guidelines listed. If you have questions, please contact us BEFORE you submit.
Please note we are not able to offer any waivers at this time.
You can enter multiple categories for your project, but each entry will be required to submit an additional entry fee for each category entered.
You must own all the rights to the video.
We are accepting films that were made anytime after 2017.
All films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
Only the films selected as finalists will be available online.
The determination of the judges shall be final.
Deadlines are as listed. There are no exceptions.
MOM Film Fest reserves the right to change submission rules and categories at its discretion.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
I, the authorized representative of the project being submitted (hereafter called the "Project") to MOM Film Fest, Inc. for consideration for the 2022 online MOM Film Fest (hereafter called the “Festival”), hereby acknowledge the following:
1. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Project, (b) the submission will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity, (c) the Project is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation, (d) the Project will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, and that the Project does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity, (e) I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the Project at or in connection with the Festival.
2. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, sponsors, partners, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Project or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival. Offerings, awards and prizes may change or be eliminated at any time due to consequences beyond the Festival's control and the Festival will do its best to substitute a fair replacement, if possible.
3. By submitting my Project to the Festival I agree to allow the Festival to use the Project's title, cast, crew, synopsis and other information related to it to promote the Festival in perpetuity.
4. If awarded, I hereby grant to the Festival, and its related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles in which I own the rights to, and basic information from the Project for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Project and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations partnering with the Festival at its discretion.
5. I warrant and agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, that the Project is being submitted to the Festival voluntarily and without promise or inducement, and that the submission of the Project neither imposes nor creates any obligation or responsibility on the part of the Festival, or any related parties to accept the Project for inclusion in the Festival, to exhibit the Project at the Festival, to acknowledge the submission of the Project, or to return the Project to me or others.
6. I further agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Project’s Owners, that I and the Project’s Owners, and any other representative or person affiliated with the Project, in submitting the Project for consideration, are waiving, forfeiting, forgoing and relinquishing any right that I or we might otherwise have to assert any claim or commence any proceeding in any forum or tribunal against the Festival, or any Related Parties, based upon, arising out of or otherwise relating to the submission, exhibition or failure to exhibit the Project (including, without limitation, claims relating to any failure or refusal to exhibit the Project at the Festival, the exhibition or marketing of the Project at or in connection with the Festival, alleged oral or written representations by the Festival or its representatives relating to the submission or exhibition of the Project, and any other matters arising from or relating to the submission of the Project.
7. In the event that the Project is accepted for inclusion in the Festival, I acknowledge, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that the exhibition or presentation of the Project at the Festival does not and will not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival on the one hand and myself and/or the Project’s Owners on the other. I further acknowledge, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that I and we understand that neither I nor any of the Project’s Owners will receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by, or may be implied against, the Festival in the event of, by virtue of, or as a result of the selection of the Project for the Festival. I and the Project’s Owners understand and acknowledge that the selection of the Project for inclusion in the Festival does not and will not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Project or any opinion expressed therein.
8. I agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisors, agents and representatives (collectively, “Related Parties”), from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs) that may be asserted by any person or entity, or may be incurred by the Festival, or any Related Parties, at any time in connection with the Project or the Festival’s use, handling, consideration or exhibition thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival or any Related Parties, including, without limitation, any express or implied representation in these Terms and Conditions.
9. By submitting my Project I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Project and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of New York in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
10. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations explained herein for submitting to the Festival.
11. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
12. By signing the entry form, or entering the competition through any and all online platforms like FilmFreeway, contestants and/or parents and/or legal guardians agree to be bound by these Submission Rules.