Welcome to the Mokkho International Film Festival (MIFF): -
The Mokkho International Film Festival is considered to be the grandest Golden Moksha Award for the achievement of a winner in a film industry. Our mission is to discover high quality and ambitious films, to promote the work of filmmakers and to help make their dreams come true.
All monthly winners will be automatically nominated for the prestigious MIFF Golden Moksha Awards from April 2022 to March 2023. At the annual event, screened films are selected from a monthly list of winners by our annual festival jurors. The competition also honors the winners with a MIFF certificate worth $30 and a MIFF trophy worth $300. Each month the officially selected winners receive the MIFF Logo and Certificate. All finalists, winners will be listed on our website and shared on our social media.
The Certificate and awards will be given in the following categories:
Best International Short Film
Best International Feature Film
Best Indian Short Film
Best Indian Feature Film
Best Indie Short Film
Best Indie Feature Film
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Action / Drama/ Family / Romance/ Comedy
Best Horror / Thriller / Crime / Mystery
Best Fantasy / Animated / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Historical
Best Documentary short Film
Best Narrative short Film
Best Experimental short Film
Best Student short Film
Best Children short Film
Best Single Shot Film
Best Stop Motion Film
Best Micro short Film
Best Mobile short Film
Best Women’s short Film
Best short Film on Women
Best LGBTQ Film
Best Song in a Film
Best Actor in an Indie Film
Best Actress in an Indie Film
Best Child / Young Actor
Best Child / Young Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Original Score
Best Visual Effects
Best Short Film Script / Screenplay
Best Feature Film Script / Screenplay
Best Web Series Script / Screenplay
Best TV Series Script / Screenplay
Best Web Pilot Script / Screenplay
Best TV Pilot Script / Screenplay
Best Web / TV Series
Best Web / TV Pilot
Please read these Terms & conditions carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film to the contest you agree to the following conditions.
MOKKHO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (MIFF), you expressly agree that you will be bound by the terms of these.
* Films must be submitted via an online screener only. We do not accept films submitted on DVD.
* All non-English films must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
* Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
* All winners receive a logo and certificate (PDF/JPG file, ready for print).
* Submitting your film to the MIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
* We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Winners of the monthly MIFF competition will be nominated for the annual Golden Moksha Award - Best Picture of the Year.
2. Your film / project cannot be submitted directly to our film festival without entering Film freeway.
3. Your film will be screened exclusively in front of our jurors at a monthly event. Movies will not be screened in public places.
4. Our monthly events will be screened in Pondicherry or Chennai and the annual event will also be held in the same place.
5. When our jurors need to discuss your film with you, they will either interview you or discuss it via video call.
6. Submitting your film to the MIFF is not a guarantee of selection and The MIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
7. The submission fee of a filmmaker will not be refunded if they decide to withdraw the submission.
8. All entrance fees are non-refundable.
9. After a film has been officially selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under the Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
10. The MIFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the MIFF executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
11. We restrict phone conversations to avoid unnecessary discussions and to maintain neutrality.
12. MIFF is authorized to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without advance notice. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Terms & Conditions.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
* Films released before January 1st, 2010
* Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, video resolution less than 720p).
* Extremist or propaganda content from religious / political organizations.
* Films involving politics / Ignoring other national laws
* Amateur videos / Violence towards children / Animal cruelty