Every year, the MIAMI short FILM FESTIVAL represents the best short form films from around the globe, showcasing up-and-coming directors, producers, and actors. Based in Miami, Florida the festival features short films of 20-minutes or less, and nurtures a growing movement to exhibit and expand the art form of short film making by providing a venue to build community around the arts.
Our Philosophy: Short films, past and present, are true works of art, and deserve a venue dedicated to their exhibition. Our mission is to support the next generation of filmmakers by providing a platform for them to present quality films, and to recognize and honor them through our various showcases.
We award films in 6-10 different categories, depending on that year's submissions. Award categories may include:
Best Foreign Narrative
Best Music Video
Best Foreign Experimental
Best Foreign Documentary
Best New Media
Best Cell Phone Short
Best LATAM Short
Best Student LATAM short
Best Local South Florida
Best Student High School
Best College University Student
Best SHORT/short Under 5 Min
Best Children short Film
We also may offer cash prizes depending on sponsorship.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that Miami Short Film Festival and its employees, or agents have the right to present my film and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of show case and promote the Miami Short Film Festival.
I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary. I do hereby release to Miami Short Film Festival, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately.
I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for showcasing the film, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.
The Miami short Film Festival is under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Project any comments or feedback regarding the submitted Project.
* Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2021
All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
Previewing films must be submitted electronically true FilmFreeway system.
* We will only consider works with a maximum running time of 20 minutes or less (15 minutes for College students and 10 minutes for High School students).
There is no minimum running time.
* Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival.
* We do not allow multiple category entries.
* Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
* Exhibition format will have to be uploaded on the MiamisFF server if selected to be screen.
* You will be notified of acceptance by or before August 5th, 2023
* We accept films shot on 35mm, 16mm, 8mm, or HD.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MiamisFF the rights to use them for promotional purposes.
* MiamisFF is permitted to retain copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use or for MiamisFF event true out the year.
* All films selected for the Festival grant MiamisFF the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
* Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT have previously screened in a public theatrical setting in Dade or Broward County FL prior to their screening at MiamisFF.
* Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Dade or Broward area when determining a film’s potential invitation.
* You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
* The Festival will not confirm receipt of film by telephone.
* You have the option of paying with credit card online after you fill out and submit entry form.
* All fees are non-refundable
* Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
* Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
* The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
* All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
* The MiamisFF cannot be held liable for print/tapes which may be lost or damaged.