Welcome! To the 𝟮𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 of the 𝗠𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 ~ 𝗡𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 8, 9, and 10, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰.
Every year, the MIAMI short Film Festival hosts an annual festival and presents the best short-form films of 30 minutes or less from around the globe, showcasing up-and-coming directors, producers, and actors by providing a world-class platform for American, international, and Latin American films.
Thousands flock to Miami every year to attend our famous multi-day festival to view a selection of roughly 50+ noteworthy films arduously chosen from nearly 1000 submissions. These films are organized thematically into various categories in hopes of representing the full range of the human experience as reflected by our chosen filmmakers.
Additionally, the Miami short Film Festival hosts a monthly screening at different venues and other outreach programs, including a traveling version of the festival in which we feature the short films the MIAMIsFF receives. Thereby, helping to nurture a growing movement to exhibit and expand the art form of short filmmaking by providing a venue to build a community around the arts in the Miami communities as well as around the country.
Our philosophy: short films, past and present, are true works of art and deserve a venue dedicated to their exhibition. Our mission is to support the next generation of filmmakers by providing a platform for them to present quality films and to recognize and honor them through our various showcases.
We award films in 10-15 different categories, depending on that year's submissions. Award categories may include:
Best Foreign Narrative
Best Music Video
Best LATAM Short
Best Local South Florida
Best College University Student
Best SHORT/short Under 5 Min
We also may offer cash prizes depending on sponsorship.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that the Miami Short Film Festival and its employees or agents have the right to present my film and to use these in any and all media, now known or hereafter known, exclusively for the purpose of promoting the Miami Short Film Festival.
I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary. I do hereby release to the Miami Short Film Festival, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately.
I understand that, there will be no financial or other remuneration for showcasing the film, either for the initial or subsequent transmission or playback. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.
The Miami short Film Festival is under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Project any comments or feedback regarding the submitted Project.
* Films must have been completed after January 1, 2023.
All non-English films must have English subtitles.
Previewing films must be submitted electronically through the FilmFreeway system.
* We will only consider works with a maximum running time of 30 minutes or less (15 minutes for high school/college students).
There is no minimum running time.
* Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they are completed prior to the festival.
* We do not allow multiple category entries.
* Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected, we will ask you to email us a still image(s) and a trailer.
* Exhibition format will have to be uploaded on the MIAMIsFF server if selected to be screened.
* You will be notified of acceptance by September 5, 2024.
* We accept films shot in all formats.
* All films selected for the festival, grant MIAMIsFF the rights to use them for promotional purposes.
* MIAMIsFF is permitted to retain copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use or for MIAMIsFF events throughout the year.
* All films selected for the festival grant MIAMIsFF the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
* Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT have previously screened in a public theatrical setting in Dade or Broward County, Florida, prior to their screening at MIAMIsFF.
* Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Dade or Broward area when determining a film’s potential invitation.
* You may submit more than one film, but each one must be submitted separately and be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
* The Festival will not confirm receipt of a film by telephone.
* You have the option of paying with a credit card online after you fill out and submit the entry form.
* All fees are non-refundable.
* Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment.
* Film selection for the festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
* All filmmakers will be notified via email of their acceptance.