The 7th annual ME Film Festival will showcase filmmaking talents from more than 45 countries over seven days. Located in the heart of central Georgia, the ME Film Festival sets itself apart by creating an intimate atmosphere between other filmmakers and industry professionals, fostering unique and worthwhile networking opportunities you’re unlikely to receive anywhere else.
The industry panels we offer are wide-ranging, providing experienced insight into craft building, crowdfunding, and social issues in the film industry. Past guests and panelists have included actors Oscar winner Louis Gossett Jr, Scott Takeda (Gone Girl, Everything Must Go) and April Billingsley (The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries), industry Executive John Heinsen (VP of New Media, Producers Guild of America), and writer Jesse Zwick (Parenthood, About Alex). Our keynote speakers have included Academy Award Nominated producers Cathleen Sutherland (Boyhood) and Rachel Winters (Dallas Buyers Club).
The ME Film Festival is open to seasoned veterans and first-time filmmakers alike, as we curate only the best stories from hundreds of submissions. Our categories include drama, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, documentary, with special emphasis in international programming. There is also a short and feature length screenwriting competition, with a live cast reading of the nominated scripts. Winners are honored at our red carpet award ceremony.
We pride ourselves on the southern hospitality we provide for our filmmakers, which is why so many filmmakers come back each year, while also achieving success at other festivals stateside and abroad. Activities in the past include filmmaker kayaking adventure, mansion tours, masquerade ball, bike tours, and epic afterparties, to name a few.
Submit your film, and come be a part of a fast-growing and friendly filmmaking community!
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Short Film
Best Micro Short Film
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Horror Film
Best Documentary Short
Best Animated Film
Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy Film
Best Student Film
Best Music Video
Best Georgia Film
Best International Film
Best Lead Actor
Best Lead Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Screenplay (Feature/TV Pilot)
Best Screenplay (Short)
1) All film submissions and screenplays will be reviewed by a minimum of 3 members of our selection committee, made up of filmmakers and industry professionals. High scoring films will be moved to a final jury round, which will determine the official selections.
2) Foreign language films must contain English subtitles for consideration.
3) There is no premiere status requirement however Georgia premieres are preferred.
4) All films must have a completion date after January 1, 2018 to be considered for competition.
5) Due to the high volume of submissions, feedback will only be provided upon request. Such feedback will be available after the conclusion of the festival.
6) If selected, the ME Film Festival is not responsible for any damage to the print or media material en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film.
7) If selected, the ME Film Festival has authority to use stills, posters, titles, or any information from the submission materials for promotional purposes.
8) If selected, you will be guaranteed at least one screening of your film, however the ME Film Festival has no obligation to provide a screening fee.
9) By submitting your film/script, you declare you have full authority to submit your film to the ME Film Festival, and you have cleared all rights to use the music in the entered work.
10) The ME Film Festival is held harmless of any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, or screening of any film.
11) Showtime and venue scheduling is at the discretion of the ME Film Festival and is subject to change without notice.
12) Scheduling of feature films may be dependent on filmmaker attendance for Q&A and special event purposes.
13) All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance status no later than March 20, 2020.
14) Please note once a project submitted, filmmakers may withdraw their submission. However, refunds will only be given if requested within 10 days of the date of submission.