3 MINUTES OF ART:
MAX3MIN - Very Short Film Festival born in a virtual ground
2nd edition: 11 - 22 March 2022
Call for entries - International Short Film Competition:
opening 15th September 2021 / closing 13th December 2021
On line on www.max3min.com
MAX3MIN is a film festival of shorts no longer than 3 minutes that aims to find big stories in little time. This festival was born online in 2021, created and directed by Italian-Argentinian set designer Martina Schmied, and is now entering its second edition, searching all across the globe for stories to be told in the same time of a song.
Over 2700 films were sent for the first edition of the festival, showing us how disruptive the force of expression within the world of art and cinema truly is, even if only within 3 minutes. The time restraint actually made the message conveyed all the more intense. Just like with gas, when compression lessens the volume but adds temperature, and so the ability to explode and trigger reactions as the birth of an astro in the universe.
MAX3MIN is a playlist festival that aims at stimulating the audience to watch and rewatch the films more times. Just like you do with songs.
The second edition will take place between March 11th-22th, 2022, the international submissions will be open starting September 15th 2021 and will close December 13th, 2021*.
There will be no categories, genres or techniques, as last year, we will be searching across the world for short films shot in any format, in whatever place and in any timeframe, produced since January 1st, 2019.
MAX3MIN is a free festival, accessible to all, worldwide, and will continue to promote a more inclusive, creative and dynamic cinema that will grasp the positive tensions of every historical moment without letting them take over.
We will focus our research on collaborations with professionals, youths and schools, working with students and professors thanks to the myriad of courses relating cinema, animation, video making, visual art - and much more - in every continent of the world.
Some news: there will be a series of webinars before and during the festival for a deeper understanding of the medium; more visual art, new media and more technology, with the help of professionals and realities in any dedicated section; more performances and shows for an ending night rich in content and guests.
Finally, we hope to be able to host an in-presence version of the festival eventually, along with the virtual experience, right here, in Milan, our home!
To support and participate in the growth of the festival and promote submissions, we have opened a crowdfunding campaign on Produzioni dal Basso: https://bit.ly/M3Mcrowdfunding.
*Only for films produced in 2022, it will remain open until January 20th, 2022.
WHAT DO WE ASK OF YOU?
If you are a filmmaker, please, join us by telling a story, making a film and writing the history of MAX3MIN.
If you are a film-lover, a student, an architect, a housewife, a vet… whoever you are, please, sign in on our platform, watch the short films scheduled every day of the festival and vote your favourite film of the day.
GET COMFY, THE FILMS ARE ABOUT TO START!
MAX3MIN is completely free! We need your help to spread MAX3MIN and reach all corners of the globe. You can support us in two ways:
- Follow us! on our social profiles @max3minfest
- Speak up! Make a story/post where you say “Hello MAX3MIN from your country”, in your mother tongue!
Don't forget to tag our profile.
Help us to receive more very short films (maximum 3 minutes) from anywhere!
An international jury will choose the best 10 short films and will award the winner with 3.000 € for the production of a new film.
Directors can take part to the awards ceremony, as the winners will be announced by the jury members in a live streaming event on March 22, 2022.
In addition, the audience will be asked to express their preferences and to proclaim the three winners of the Audience Award.
One rule over all: maximum 3 minutes.
And every filmmaker can submit up to 3 films, produced after January 1st 2019.
In order to participate in the event “MAX3MIN Very Short Film Festival” the candidate fully accepts the following Regulations:
• Short films will be admitted to the Festival, based on the selection in accordance with the terms of these Regulations, that satisfy the following requirements:
• Length: maximum three (3) minutes, excluding end credits.
• Year: it must be produced after 1st January 2019
• Media: digital. Formats allowed: MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI or WMW.
• Language: Candidate’s choice, as long as English subtitles are present.
• Number of productions: maximum of three (3) per applicant.
• The candidate represents that the work transmitted (and all its contents) is his/her property or that he/she is the owner of all rights thereto, including economic rights to exploit the same.
The candidate undertakes to send to the Festival organization all documentation proving ownership of the rights to exploit the work (“clearance”), and in particular, all useful information about: synopsis, direction notes, production context of the work, parties with rights, as well as all content and persons present in the work (music, possible soundtrack,images, animations) and the related clearance.
• The candidate undertakes to indemnify the Festival organization and hold it harmless from all claims, demands or legal actions by third parties who own the intellectual property rights and/or rights to exploit the works submitted.
• To send a short film to the Festival Organization, the candidate must register for free at the site https://www.max3min.com/ (hereinafter also the “Site”) and accept the relevant terms and conditions of use.
Through the free registration, the candidate authorises the Festival Organization to:
• Archive a copy of the short film, if admitted, for archiving and study purposes.
• Broadcast on the Site (streaming on demand, loop, etc.) clips, miscellany, content trailers, or clips of admitted short films to promote the Festival, including after its conclusion. Any commercial exploitation of the short films is prohibited.
• The short films can be submitted to the Festival organization from 15 September 2021 to 13 December 2021, in accordance with procedures that will be specified on the Site. For films produced in 2022, the deadline for the submission is 20 January.
• The candidate undertakes to transmit the short films with English subtitles, following the procedures that will be specified on the Site. Failure to comply with even one of the conditions set forth in section 1 of these Regulations will result in the work not being admitted to the Festival.
• The short films will be evaluated by the Preselection Committee, which will make a decision, in its sole discretion, regarding admission to the Festival.
The results of that pre-selection will be published on the Site.
• The candidate acknowledges and accepts that all decisions, evaluations and/or judgements of the Preselection Committee, the Festival Jury and the Festival organization in general are of a purely discretionary nature and as such cannot be challenged, and thus he or she waives any appeal.
• Admission to the Festival shall be considered confidential until the list of admitted works and the Calendar of their availability are published on the Site.
• If a candidate’s short film is admitted, he or she undertakes to deliver a copy of the work to the Festival organization in the format and manner that will be published on the Site. If his or her short film is admitted, the candidate grants a free license to use (including to promote and sponsor the work and the Festival) and broadcast the work, including for archiving and study purposes.
• Failure to transmit all the documents listed in section 2 of these Regulations to the Festival organization by 25 February 2022 will result in elimination from the competition.
• The short films admitted to the Festival will be broadcast on the Site according to the Calendar established by the Festival organization.
• During each programming day, registered users will be able to view each of the short films on the Calendar on demand with no playback limits. This group of short films will remain available for viewing only on the date established by the Festival Calendar.
• The Festival Jury, in its unquestionable judgement, will award the following prizes:
• TOP10: ranking made by the Jury of the ten (10) best short films admitted to the Festival.
• Audience Award: selection of the three (3) winning films based on online voting by persons registered on the Festival website.
The Festival organization will award the top winner of the “TOP10” with a cash prize of EUR 3,000 (plus taxes).
No cash prize will be awarded to the other short films in the “TOP10” ranking or to the winner of the “Audience Award”.
The Festival organization reserves the right to substitute new and different prizes and will inform candidates of the rules relating to them via the Site.
• AFTER THE FESTIVAL: The Candidate authorises the Festival organization to broadcast on the Site (streaming on demand, loop, etc.) clips, miscellany, reviews of works, or each work admitted, including after the end of the event.
The Festival organization reserves the right to suspend or end the broadcast of the short films ninety (90) days after the end of the Festival.
• For any dispute relating to the interpretation, performance and termination of these Regulations, the Parties select the Court of Milan as the sole and unwaivable court, which will settle any dispute in accordance with the Italian law.