The 2022 festival will take place in Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world
We will be showcasing the best horror films from around the world.
All films featured in the festival will be competing for 11 categories Best Feature, Best Short, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Visual Effects, Best Special Effects, Best Make up, Best Editing, Best Musical Score.
Besides our films, we will also have special guests and celebrity judges.
Cosplay? Yes! Come have fun and dress in your best costume.
Best Visual Effects
Best Special Effects
Best Make up
Best Musical Score.
Submitting your film is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selections and award winners will be listed on our website www.lasvegasinternationalhorrorfilmfestival.com Trophies and/or certificates will be awarded to the best of the best in various categories.
Awards will be chosen by a jury select made up of knowledgeable film industry professionals and experts.
Cash Prize To the Winner of the Festival's Best Film Award (Short OR Feature)
The Overall Best Film can be a short film or a feature length film.
Press and Print Interviews
Feature films and short films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for festival presentation.
The following are the film length that should determine your film submission type:
Feature-length films — 50 minutes or more
Short films — 49 minutes or less
Feature films and short films must not have had any commercial theatrical, television, or internet play in the U.S.
All deadlines close at 11:59PM PST
EARLY DEADLINE August 31st, 2021
Entry Fee $55
REGULAR DEADLINE June 30th, 2022
Entry Fee $75
FINAL DEADLINE August 31st, 2022
Entry Fee $115
1. All film submissions must include a submission fee and a completed online FilmFreeway entry form.
2. Feature films (50 minutes to 130 minutes) and short films (49 minutes or less) are accepted provided they're of the horror variety. Digital files only!
3. All films must either be in English or include English subtitles.
4. Once films are submitted, no alterations may be made unless given approval by LVIHFF programmers.
5. When final films are selected, filmmakers may be contacted for alternative film formats for programming purposes.
6. Films that have screened and or have received awards at other festivals can be submitted provided they adhere to all rules and regulations.
7. Only films that have been completed by October 2015 or newer will be accepted as part of the competition process.
8. Films with distribution may still be eligible for award consideration.
9.LVIHFF reserves the right to accept, reject, or disqualify any submission at their discretion without a refund. That said, it should be noted that we will watch every film received in its entirety.
10. Not all films selected will necessarily be in competition but filmmakers will be notified either way.
11. LVIHFF does not maintain ownership of any film submitted but does have the legal right to use images and as much as 30 seconds of footage for current and future festival promotional materials.
12. Film submission entry fees must be paid through the FilmFreeway portal as instructed.
13. Award winners will be revealed at the LVIHFF at the awards ceremony at the end of the festival.
14. Filmmakers will be notified whether or not their film has been accepted no later than September7th, 2022.
The filmmaker releases LVIHFF from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered film file. The filmmaker understands that the programmed material will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this film. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the film in the best possible manner but the festival is not responsible for any malfunctions during screenings. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the films are in working order. LVIHFF assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of a film at the actual event.
LVIHFF reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen a film, despite it being selected for the festival.
It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to obtain the legal use of any and all copyrighted material presented in a film before submitting to a festival. Again, LVIHFF is not liable should a filmmaker fail to do so.