ATTENTION: Works made before 1 September 2014 are not eligible.
6th CinemAvvenire Film Festival carries on and strengthens the International/European dimension of the Associazione Centro Internazionale CinemAvvenire, a project managed with enthusiasm and determination since 1992 through the starting idea by Gillo Pontecorvo.
Lumière 2015 signs a crucial step forward; the previous edition hosted 100 feature films and 200 shorts from 60 different Countries.
Each tool of the festival is at disposal for the discover and the exploration of new styles and talents, assisting and supporting the independent productions setting a European platform for their expectations. A look at the past won’t be ignored –bringing to light some unpopular zone of Cinema History – as it belongs to the logic of discovery too.
We have concluded many deals with several partners around Europe. This partnerships are planned to decentralize the event with the aim to promote young talents inside a European web allowing audiovisual works to get a broader circulation around EU.
This European direction led us choosing the platypus as logo for our festival. It unites different parts from different animals and this feature makes it unique. It has a duckbill, the tail as rodents, the paws as reptiles and it lays eggs notwithstanding it is a mammal animal. Its skills let it free form categorization and guardian of a precious metaphor: united in diversity.
- International Feature Films Competition: Selection of a limited number of feature films from around the world, on any subject. The section will be divided into six sub-sections corresponding to particular geographic areas . The best films from each sub-section will compete for the best feature film of the section.
- International Shorts Competition: Selection of a limited number of feature films from around the world, on any subject. The section will be divided into six sub-sections corresponding to particular geographic areas . The best films from each sub-section will compete for the best short of the section.
- Wild Card Italia: Italian Shorts competition.
- Il Cerchio non è Rotondo: works declaring a deeper attention and a direct link towards anthropological or social issues or testifying critical aspects of world and life.
- Film=Art: works showing an innovative articulation in form, content or in the relationship between the two; problematizing the relationships between cinema and other arts; addressing issues related to cross-over media.
- Kikujirô–Pictures for Kids: Films presenting themes and language that are particularly suited to an audience of young people under 16. No length limit. This section will be divided into feature films and shorts according to the presence of an adequate number of works of particular interest. For management reasons the deadline for submission for this section is the 31/07/2015.
Festival raffles 3 awards per section. The prizes will be announces in the months preceeding the festival
a) Lumière 2015-6th CinemAvvenire Film Festival is launching its Call for Entries, inviting filmmakers around the world to submit feature films, shorts, documentaries, animation and experimental works. Lumière 2015 will run from December 11–20, and deadline for submission is 30 August 2015, with the exception of the “Kikujirô–Pictures for Kids” section (see point j).
b) Works on any shooting format will be accepted; nevertheless, in order to take part to the pre-selection, works must be initially submitted through digital file (mp4, mov, h264, apple pro ress) and sent to the following e-mail: email@example.com.
Files can be sent through one of the following options:
- Providing a sharing portal link (example not exclusive: vimeo https://vimeo.com/); or by huge files sending application according to the most common email accounts (example not exclusive: mega: https://mega.co.nz; dropbox: www.dropbox.com; myairbridge: https://info.myairbridge.com);
- Uploading the file through the following on-line platform:
(iii) FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com.
Please follow carefully the instructions provided by such platform.
- If and only if you are not in condition to send the file through the previous options, please send your DVD or Bluray (PAL format) to the following address:
“Lumière 2015 - 6th CinemAvvenire Film Festival; c/o Associazione Centro Internazionale CinemAvvenire, Via Cartesio 151, 00137 Roma (Italy). Fiscal Code: 9404470277. VAT number: 03231020274”.
N.B.: Fiscal Code and VAT Number are essential in case of shipping from extra-UE countries. It is recommended to specify on the envelop the content (DVD) and add the caption "Not for commercial use".
c) Download the application form (named ALLEGATO B). Please complete the application form in each mandatory field – marked with the symbol (*).
The application form is downloadable at the URL http://www.cinemavvenire.it/images/allegati/LUM2015__ALLEGATO_B.doc.
Please complete on digital format (the application form is a word file), then stamp, sign, scan and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org in attachment in the same email where the file link is provided.
If you have chosen the postal sending, please put the application form in the same envelope containing the DVD/Bluray.
d) Please send complete credits and English synopsis in word format as attachments in the same email containing the file link and the application form.
If you have chosen the postal sending, please put the complete credits and the English synopsis in the same envelope containing the DVD/Bluray.
e) Non-Italian spoken films must include either English or Italian subtitles.
f) Directors and productions can send an unlimited number of films. However, works made before 1 September 2014 are not eligible. The Direction Board reserves the right to check all information provided by applicants.
g) For an internal convention of the festival: Feature Films must be at least 60 minutes long. Shorts, however, must be no longer than 60 minutes.
h) Postal expenses must be paid by applicants. DVDs/Blurays will not be returned and will remain as part of the CinemAvvenire visual archive.
i) Directors and producers authorize the publication of the information provided on: (i) www.cinemavvenire.it, (ii) the Festival web site (currently under construction), (iii) the Lumière 2015 official catalogue. They may eventually be disseminated by press agencies for promotional purposes.