Long Story Shorts is a dynamic international festival, connecting the audience to short films, music videos, documentaries, and screenplays from around the globe.
The LSS Competition is monthly based, with a total of 12 monthly selections & screenings in a competitional year.
Aiming to inspire, motivate and award new talents as well as experienced filmmakers, Long Story Shorts takes the way visual stories are shared and experienced to a higher level.
❗All Films accepted in the Official Selection will be given a benefits pack worth 350$:
• iPitchTV 3 months studio licence worth 117$
• Filmstro 1-Year Pro Licence Exclusive discount worth up to 125$
• DCP2GO Exclusive Discount for mastering services worth 125$
❗❗BEST SHORT FILM will get a FREE Trophy, Official Screening, Certificate Award and:
• Cloud19 Full DCP Service Pack worth 299$
• iPitchTV 12 months studio licence worth 299$
• Filmstro 1-Year Pro Licence Exclusive discount worth up to 125$
Our vision is to create an opportunity for independent filmmakers to have their work screened and judged. We believe in the potential of the public of becoming a significant actor in contributing to the development of the filmmaking process and we aim to engage them in discovering the potential of the online to the cinematic culture.
This year, we take the film screenings along with the stories right in the historic city of Râmnicu-Vâlcea, an idyllic mountain oasis, also having the reputation all around the world as 'Hackerville'.
An emerging cultural hub with a huge cinema audience potential, Râmnicu-Vâlcea will bring the uniqueness of the online festivals into a well-known creative environment for all film enthousiasts.
ABY Stage Bar is a renowed meeting point for those seeking both traditional and alternative expressions of cinematography.
The best entries will be selected and screened every month a year. We will publish the results of the Official Selection every last day of the month, according to the Submission Notification sent in advance and the Official Screenings will take place the next month.
A jury of film professionals will review all eligible submitted films, evaluating from an independent point of view, seeking the energy and new ideas that will contour the future of the cinema.
For 15 years, Cloud 19 has been a 1-stop resource for post production & mastering services, providing digital media solutions to Hollywood studios, Indie distributors and film producers everywhere! Consider us for your QC reports, Hardware-based DCP’s, DVD & Blu-ray Authoring, Color Grading and other Finishing services.
Filmstro Pro is a music publishing library built in to a desktop app that enables Filmmakers to adapt and recompose professional soundtracks to suit their films. Available for Windows and Mac users.
DCP2GO offers complete professional services for DCP authoring including: preparation of materials, authoring, encryption and key management, duplication, control and check-up (test screening), transfer and distribution, translation and subtitling, and technical organization.
Looking for a way to pitch your idea for a television show or movie?
iPITCH.TV offers a next generation platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives and gives creators industry pro advice on how to pitch a television show or feature film. Pitch your idea for a Movie, Screenplay, Television Show, Short Film, New Media Project and more.
All Films accepted in the Official Selection will be given a benefits pack worth 350$ offered by iPitchTV, Filmstro & DCP2GO
* BEST SHORT FILM – FREE Trophy + Screening + Certificate Award + Cloud19 Full DCP Service Pack worth 299$ + 1yr iPitchTV Studio Membership worth $299 + Filmstro Pro Licence discount worth 125$
* 1st RUNNER-UP - Screening + Certificate Award + 3mo Studio Membership worth $117 + Cloud19 DCP Service Pack Discount worth 105$ + Filmstro Pro Licence discount worth 105$
* 2nd RUNNER-UP - Screening + Certificate Award + 3mo Studio Membership worth $117 + Cloud19 DCP Service Pack Discount worth 105$ + Filmstro Pro Licence discount worth 105$
* BEST STUDENT FILM - Screening + Certificate Award + 3mo Studio Membership worth $117 + Cloud19 DCP Service Pack Discount worth 105$ + Filmstro Pro Licence discount worth 105$
* AUDIENCE AWARD - Screening + Certificate Award + 3mo Studio Membership worth $117 + Cloud19 DCP Service Pack Discount worth 105$ + Filmstro Pro Licence discount worth 105$
* BEST ANIMATION
* BEST EXPERIMENTAL
* BEST DOCUMENTARY
* BEST MUSIC VIDEO
* BEST WEB-SHORT
BEST SCREENPLAY (written) - FREE Trophy + 1yr Studio Membership worth $299
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
1. All payments and Submissions must be received by Deadline Dates listed on FilmFreeway.
2. Entry fees are payable through FilmFreeway payment systems and are non-refundable.
3. In order to review your film as quick as possible, we prefer online screeners, digital copies, or a link to an online video (such as YouTube or Vimeo). Please include a valid password if required. We will not accept films with poor quality standard(lack of sound quality, absence of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD)
4. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. ALL films selected for the Official Screening will need to provide English subtitles no later than 1 week prior to the festival screening.
5. Short films submitted to LONG STORY SHORTS should be under 40 minutes, with a minimum of 2 minutes. Films must have been completed after 2016.
6. All submitted films must be available for screening.
7. Films accepted in the Official Selection will be notified according to the notification date published on the platform.
Films selected for the Official Screening will need to provide download link or a full quality 1080p online screener file no later than 1 week before the festival screening.
8. Winners will be announced after the Official Screening Event, which will be held twice a year, according to the official dates published on the platform.
9. The selection committees’ and juries’ decisions are final.
10. Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. LONG STORY SHORTS is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. In the event of copyright disputes accepted films may possibly be pulled from festival exhibition.
11. Please carefully read the LONG STORY SHORTS Guidelines and all Terms & Conditions as well as the Disclaimer and Rights below, before submitting to our festival.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering or submitting to LONG STORY SHORTS, the participant acknowledges understanding and agreeing to all festival Rules, Terms, Conditions, Guidelines, and Disclaimer of Warranties associated with the Festival and listed below.
Submitters agree that clips from films and other materials related to their project may be used and/or published in the website, digital and print event programs, and for any promotional purposes deemed appropriate by the festival.
If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded are the responsibility of the filmmaker.
Best Film Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or festival scheduling.
Disclaimer & Rights
Submitter owns or controls the copyright in and to this film, and is authorized to submit this film to LONG STORY SHORTS and to the best of their knowledge, all statements the following statements are true; This film contains no material which could result in tort claims, royalty claims, claims for breach of contract, or claims of any sort whatsoever; If this film is selected for screening, Submitter grants the festival the right to screen this film;
Submitter understands and agrees that this film entry, if selected by the Festival, may have elements used for promotional purposes for the Festival, and/or its partners and submitter grants the rights to use up to eight minutes of footage, photographic stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
As our vision is to help improve and promote contemporary films, we offer filmmakers the opportunity to have their work reviewed by our specialists. By requesting our professional review, our team of film professionals will give you a comprehensive feedback on your work, at the price listed on the platform, entry fee to LONG STORY SHORTS Official Competition included. Moreover, the film review will be posted on our website and promoted on all our social media channels, so a larger audience will discover your film.
LONG STORY SHORTS opens a screenplay competition that runs on two seasons, parallel with the Official Film Competition. Available exclusively through FilmFreeway, we welcome screenplays of any genre, up to 120 pages. We also offer the option to receive a detailed feedback on your work by our specialists.
There will be quarter finalists, semifinalists and finalists out of which a winner, a runner-up and a second runner-up will be designated. The winner will receive The LONG STORY SHORTS Custom Trophy and a Certificate Award.