The 17th annual Lone Star Film Festival is the premier film festival held in the 12th largest city in the nation, Fort Worth. In-person screenings, Film Talks, and parties return in 2023.
Past showcase films include:
LIVING - BUTCHER'S CROSSING - JOCKEY - THE HUMANS - JUST MERCY - A HIDDEN LIFE - THE GREEN BOOK - WIDOWS - THE SISTERS BROTHERS - THE IMITATION GAME - MR. TURNER - WILD - WINTER SLEEP - THE ARTIST - THE DESCENDANTS - SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY - NEBRASKA - IT FOLLOWS - SHAME - PHILOMENA - CAROL - LION - MAYA ANGELOU AND STILL I RISE
Past guests and festival honorees include:
Taylor Sheridan - Ryan Bingham - LaMonica Garrett - Channing Godfrey Peoples - Ethan Hawke - Richard Linklater - Michael Martin Murphey - Paul Schrader - Tim Blake Nelson - Waylon Payne - Lee Ann Womack - Jeff Nichols - Michael De Luca - Pat Green - Cybill Shepherd - Terry Allen - Jane Seymour - Clint Black - David Lowery - Don Henley - Malcolm McDowell - Bill Paxton - Joanna Kerns - Julian Schnabel - Billy Bob Thornton - Jeff Bridges - Robert Duvall - T Bone Burnett - Willie Nelson - Martin Sheen - Robert Rodriguez - Melonie Diaz - Ron White - Elizabeth Avellan - Lyle Lovett - Louis Black - Billy Joe Shaver - John Lee Hancock
Best of Fest Award
Best Feature Film Award
Best Documentary Film Award
Audience Choice Awards (Feature & Short)
Best Narrative Short Film Award
Best Documentary Short Film Award
Best Texas Film Award
Best Super-Short Short Film Award
Best Student Film
1. We encourage submissions in the form of narrative feature-length films (90-120 minutes recommended), documentary feature-length films (60-120 minutes recommended), and narrative and documentary short-length films (under 60 minutes recommended). International films are also welcome but must either be in English or have English subtitles.
2. Films must be available for screening during the festival in November 2023.
3. By submitting a film, you grant the Lone Star Film Festival & Society permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into the 2023 lineup.
4. By submitting a film, you acknowledge that the Lone Star Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES for accepted films.
5. By submitting a film, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the LSFF website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow LSFF to promote the following year's festival with the above excerpts, highlights and/or trailers. LSFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the LSFF.
6. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
7. The only acceptable way to submit your film is via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (Vimeo password protected link is recommended).
8. In accordance with the LSFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of LSFF.
9. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.
10. All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway by August 25, 2023.
11. Notification of selections will be by September 22, 2023. Only then will the film be considered for awards.
12. Being an accepted film does not guarantee eligibility for awards. Films may screen out-of-competition at the discretion of our programmers.
13. Lone Star Film Festival does not offer paid transportation or lodging for the event.
14. Lone Star Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of exhibition screeners (DCP, thumb drives, etc) during shipment to or from the Lone Star Film Festival.
15. To be eligible for a film competition category, your film must not have previously screened in Fort Worth or the surrounding Dallas/Fort Worth area.
16. LSFF reserves the right to screen a submitted film out-of-competition during the festival if a category is filled.
17. LSFF follows all State and Federal guidelines for Covid-19 protocols.
18. Selected Films will be provided two (2) All-Access Passes, and a small allotment of complimentary tickets to the 2023 Lone Star Film Festival in November.