A celebration of film in Fort Worth! Named one of MovieMaker Magazines "Top 50 Film Festival's Worth The Entry Fee" in 2015, for three consecutive years.
The 15th annual Lone Star Film Festival is the premier film festival held in the 13th largest city in the nation, Fort Worth. In-person screenings, Film Talks, and parties return in 2021.
Past showcase films include:
JUST MERCY - A HIDDEN LIFE - THE GREEN BOOK - WIDOWS - THE SISTERS BROTHERS - THE IMITATION GAME - MR. TURNER - WILD - WINTER SLEEP - THE ARTIST - THE DESCENDANTS - SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY - NEBRASKA - IT FOLLOWS - SHAME - PHILOMENA - CAROL - LION - MAYA ANGELOU AND STILL I RISE
Past guests and festival honorees include:
Tim Blake Nelson - Waylon Payne - Lee Ann Womack - Jeff Nichols - Michael De Luca - Pat Green - Cybill Shepherd - Terry Allen - Jane Seymour - Clint Black - David Lowery - Don Henley - Malcolm McDowell - Bill Paxton - Joanna Kerns - Julian Schnabel - Billy Bob Thornton - Jeff Bridges - Robert Duvall - T Bone Burnett - Willie Nelson - Martin Sheen - Robert Rodriguez - Melonie Diaz - Ron White - Elizabeth Avellan - Lyle Lovett - Louis Black - Billy Joe Shaver - John Lee Hancock - Paul Schrader - Ethan Hawke
“The Lone Star Film Festival shines brightly…Movie enthusiasts may come to Sundance Square this weekend to see anticipated national releases…but chances are good they will leave talking about the auspicious films with Texas ties.”
- The New York Times
Best of Fest Award
Best Feature Film Award
Best Documentary Film Award
Audience Choice Awards (Feature & Short)
Best Narrative Short Film Award
Best Documentary Short Film Award
Best Texas Film Award
Best Super-Short Short Film Award
Best Student Film
1. We encourage submissions in the form of narrative feature-length films (90-120 minutes recommended), documentary feature-length films (60-120 minutes recommended), and narrative and documentary short-length films (under 59 minutes recommended). International films are also welcome but must either be in English or have English subtitles.
2. Films must be available for screening during the festival, November 11 - 14, 2021.
3. By submitting a film, you grant the Lone Star Film Festival & Society permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into the 2021 lineup.
4. By submitting a film, you acknowledge that the Lone Star Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES for accepted films.
5. By submitting a film, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the LSFF website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow LSFF to promote the following year's festival with the above excerpts, highlights and/or trailers. LSFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the LSFF.
6. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
7. The only acceptable way to submit your film is via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (Vimeo password protected link is recommended).
8. In accordance with the LSFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of LSFF.
9. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.
10. All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway by August 26, 2021.
11. Notification of selections will be by September 23, 2021. Only then will the film be considered for awards.
12. Notification for films submitted in the Showcase Feature Film [pre-festival ONLINE screening] will be year-round, starting in January 2021 through October 2021.
13. Showcase Feature Film [pre-festival ONLINE screening] will be selected monthly starting in January. Chosen Feature Films will screen at a designated time/date for a limited window (TBD). Films that agree to screen in this category will be listed as 2021 Official Selections and are eligible for awards. Filmmakers submitting to this category agree to have their film securely screened online before the Festival. This category does not guarantee an in-person theatrical screening.
14. Lone Star Film Festival does not offer paid transportation or lodging for the event.
15. Lone Star Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of exhibition screeners (DCP, thumb drives, etc) during shipment to or from the Lone Star Film Festival.
16. To be eligible for the film competition categories films, your film must not have previously screened in Fort Worth or the surrounding Dallas/Fort Worth area.
17. LSFF reserves the right to screen a submitted film out-of-competition during the festival if a category is filled.
18. Due to Covid-19 protocols in Texas, LSFF may pivot to a hybrid or online Film Festival. A final determination of an in-person event will be offered before September 2021.
19. Selected Films will be provided two (2) All-Access Passes to the 2021 Lone Star Film Festival in November.