Lithgow Halloween Smartphone Film Competition
Lithgow Tourism team is partnering with SF3 for the second year to hold the Smartphone film competition at this year’s Lithgow Halloween event. SF3 are the organisers of the SmartFone Flick Fest, Australia’s international smartphone film festival and Council is delighted to have partnered with SF3 for the second year to create the Lithgow Halloween Smartphone Film Competition.
The competition requires short Halloween-themed films, up to a maximum of 5 minutes duration with a G-rating, to be shot on a mobile phone or tablet.
Films will be judged in 3 category areas; ‘Most Creative’, ‘Best Performance’ and 'Best Youth Film' There will also be a ‘People’s Choice’ award and great prizes will be on offer.
The film competition finalists will have their movies screened at the Lithgow Community Cinema, Main Street Lithgow on the day of Lithgow Halloween 2020; Saturday the 31st of October. That is when event attendees can vote for the ‘People’s Choice` award.
The formal awards ceremony, announcing the winning films, takes place on Sunday 1st November.
The Lithgow Halloween 2020 film competition entries close on Tuesday the 13th of October.
Cash and prizes will finalised closer to the event.
Lithgow City Council Lithgow Halloween Film Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The film must have a Halloween theme but also be suitable for general viewing (G rating).
2. The film must be shot completely on a mobile phone and/or tablet.
3. Films entered must be a maximum of 5 minutes in duration, including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
4. Any add-on devices, equipment or applications can be used during filming.
5. Any software can be used to edit the video and audio. You can edit on any device including phones, laptops, desktop computers and tablets.
6. Any software can be used for colour correction and special effects.
7. Copyright material cannot be used in your film unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer, photographer or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time. For advice on getting approval to use copyright material head to https://www.copyright.org.au/ACC/Find_an_Answer/ACC/Public_Content/Find_an_Answer.aspx?hkey=b0de2cd4-daa3-47da-95a5-1e7ecdc8dddc
8. Each actor/participant involved in creating the film must provide a signed Consent and Release Form
9. Children under the age of 18 appearing in your film will need signed parental approval.
10. Foreign films are welcome in any language, but you are required to add subtitles in English.
11. The film competition is open to filmmakers of ALL ages.
12. Submission deadline is 11:59pm (AEST), October 13th, 2020.
13. Entrants agree to their film or any part of their film, still images from the shoot or film posters being used for promotions for media release, distribution to the media and on social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Lithgow City Council.
14. Entrants may be invited to participate in promotional activities before and after the film competition.
15. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
16. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entries must be uploaded to FilmFreeway or the Lithgow City Council festival website via Vimeo or YouTube. Selected finalists must then submit films in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or Quicktime file, the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound.
18. Your film is allowed to have screened in other film festivals.
19. There is no entry fee for the LCC Halloween Film Competition.
20. There is no limit on the number of films you can enter.
21. Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
22. By entering the Lithgow City Council Halloween Film Competition, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of the festival across the weekend of October 31 and 1 November and any subsequent screenings of the program to be decided by Lithgow City Council.
Response from festival:
Hi Isabel, I'm glad you enjoyed the Lithgow Halloween Film competition and yeah it was great to see the audience response at the screening. The community cinema was perfect for the event and it had a great atmosphere. I hope to see another film from you next year.
Cheers Robbie Park
Response from festival:
Hi Paul, I was so pleased with all of the quality films we received for our first Lithgow Halloween Film competition and your film was outstanding. The screening at Lithgow Halloween saw a great turnout to see the finalist and your film had plenty of people voting in the people choice award. Hope to see more next year. Robbie Park