Lithgow Halloween Smartphone Film Competition
The Seven Valleys Tourism and Events team is partnering with SF3 for the fourth year to hold the Smartphone film competition at this year’s Lithgow Halloween. SF3 are the organisers of the SmartFone Flick Fest, Australia’s international smartphone film festival and Lithgow Tourism and Events is delighted to be partnering with SF3 for the fourth year to create the Lithgow Halloween Smartphone Film Competition.
The competition requires short suspense horror genre, up to a maximum of 10 minutes duration with a G-rating, to be shot on a mobile phone or tablet.
Films will be judged in 4 category areas; ‘Most Creative’, ‘Best Performance’ and 'Best Youth Film' There will also be a ‘People’s Choice’ award and great prizes will be on offer.
$500.00 Australian Dollars for the winner of each of the four categories
Certificates will be awarded for the Finalist and winners.
Lithgow Halloween Film Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The film must be in the suspense horror genre but also be suitable for general viewing (G rating).
2. The film must be shot completely on a mobile phone and/or tablet.
3. Films entered must be a maximum of 10 minutes in duration, including titles and credits. There is no minimum time limit.
4. Any add-on devices, equipment or applications can be used during filming.
5. Any software can be used to edit the video and audio. You can edit on any device including phones, laptops, desktop computers and tablets.
6. Any software can be used for colour correction and special effects.
7. Copyright material cannot be used in your film unless you have documentation to prove you have legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer, photographer or record label. We may ask for this documentation at any time. For advice on getting approval to use copyright material head to https://www.copyright.org.au/ACC/Find_an_Answer/ACC/Public_Content/Find_an_Answer.aspx?hkey=b0de2cd4-daa3-47da-95a5-1e7ecdc8dddc
8. Children under the age of 18 appearing in your film will need signed parental approval.
9. Foreign films are welcome in any language, but you are required to add subtitles in English.
10. The film competition is open to filmmakers of ALL ages.
11. Submission deadline is 11:59pm (AEST), October 20th, 2022.
12. Entrants agree to their film or any part of their film, still images from the shoot or film posters being used for promotions for media release, distribution to the media and on social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Lithgow City Council.
13. Entrants may be invited to participate in promotional activities before and after the film competition.
14. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
15. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entries must be uploaded to FilmFreeway or the Lithgow City Council festival website via Vimeo or YouTube. Selected finalists must then submit films in 16:9 ratio and in a non-compressed format. We recommend an MP4 or Quicktime file, the largest size possible, with a constant frame rate and Stereo 48kHz sound.
17. Your film is allowed to be screened in other film festivals.
18. There is no entry fee for the Lithgow Halloween Film Competition.
19. There is no limit on the number of films you can enter.
20. Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
21. By entering the Lithgow Halloween Film Competition, you agree to allow your film to be screened as part of the festival across the weekend of October 29 and any subsequent screenings or media promotion to be decided by Seven Valleys Tourism and Events.