Welcome to LBFF.
The Lima Bean Film Festival is an independent annual film festival.
That's pretty much it.
Your films will be considered by amateurs, may win completely unknown awards, and will not be viewed by a large audience. Hey, at least submitting is free!
Well, you won't win cash, but winners receive honor, and some laurels to proudly stamp on your film posters! Not bad, eh?
The Platinum Lima (Best Overall)
The Golden Lima (Best Direction)
The Weeping Lima (Best Drama)
The Laughing Lima (Best Comedy)
The Artsy Lima (Best Experimental)
The Blueprint Lima (Best Animation)
The Haunted Lima (Best Horror)
The Literary Lima (Best Screenplay)
The Agile Lima (Best Cinematography)
The Precise Lima (Best Editing)
The Exploding Lima (Best Special Effects)
The Popular Lima (Audience Award)
1. No films longer than 20 minutes.
2. No films rated worse than PG-13. (We know your films probably don't have official ratings, just estimate.)
3. No stolen material. Duh.
4. No DVDs. Just FilmFreeway.
5. We don't own your film, but we can use whatever you give us to promote ourselves. We won't earn any money off of it or anything, okay? We just want to advertise. Chill.
6. We have a physical venue, but we aren't in the condition to bring in filmmakers from all over the place. It will only be shown within the community. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT actually come to St. Louis to see your film. We have intentionally left out the real address.
7. If you win an award, we will email you with your award and corresponding laurel.
Response from festival:
Hi, Gary! We apologize for any mix-ups that occurred during the fest. One of our main goals is to provide accurate and timely responses regarding film acceptance, but we were rather unprepared for the sheer mass of films we received. I apologize on behalf of the team, as receiving an incorrect "Submission Status" email is highly disappointing.
Let us know if you have any questions about our film-selecting process at firstname.lastname@example.org.