Deltas of Charlotte Foundation's mission is to strengthen the community by implementing and supporting programs that improve the quality of life for women and their families in the greater Charlotte region.
Through our film showcase we provide a platform for women directors, writers and producers to share their talents to new audiences. These women who are creating a legacy are also influencing the next generation of women filmmakers. Our hope is to bring their stories and experiences to light to both women and men in the region.
In our 15th year, we began highlighting talented youth in film with the addition of college and high school student categories. Top youth films will be presented at a public screening prior to the showcase and a winner from each category will be shown on January 18, 2019.
For more information on Deltas of Charlotte Foundation, please visit our website: www.deltasofcharlotte.org.
Certificates of participation will be granted to all official selections and one film will be named the fan favorite from each year.
Winners of the college and high school categories will receive a monetary award towards their continued development in film.
• General films must be less than 20 minutes and should highlight and/or feature women including, but not limited to, women directors, writers and producers.
• Student films must be less than 10 minutes with preference to those with residence or connection to North Carolina or the United States Southeast (see categories for more details).
• All genres accepted and encouraged.
• Entries are accepted as an online screener, DVD screener or downloadable file.
• By submitting to the showcase, you confirm that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained.
• Films must have licensed clearances on all graphics, locations, logos, materials, music and personal appearances before submitting.
• All materials, including but not limited to the submitted film and promotional materials, will be retained by DOCF and will be used for various promotional purposes.
• If your film is accepted, please be prepared to send us a picture of the director (300dpi .tiff or .jpeg), a written bio consisting of 100 words and productions stills.
• For films selected in the showcase, DOCF reserves the right to screen the entry at the showcase and to include the work in retrospective programs at future showcases. DOCF will retain a copy of the film, along with all promotional materials, for its archives.
• The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
• The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless DOCF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.