This festival is designed to showcase and give feedback the best new stories from around the world today! We know the best stories can come from anywhere. We accept screenplays (short, TV Pilot, feature) and short & feature films.
Your feedback comes from a working producer with real credits. Our head programmer is JJ Maley, producer of A Strange Loop, What the Constitution Means to Me, Indecent, and much more.
Film Feedback Festivals:
1. Participants can enter general film festival, which will allow them to be judged monthly and receive a laurel in their category.
- Best feature film, documentary
- Best feature film, comedy
-Best feature film, drama
- Best TV/web series, comedy
-Best TV/web series, drama
- Best director
- Best actor
- Best ensemble
- Best LGBTQ+ content
- Best short film, comedy
- Best short film, drama
- Best short film, documentary
- Best short film screenplay
- Best TV pilot screenplay
- Best feature film screenplay
- Best student film
- Special lavender award ($250 USD prize)
2. Participants can submit for feedback as well as for the above prizes.
Categories of feedback:
-written feedback with scoring
-video feedback with two viewers
-video feedback plus one hour consultation with a producer
-video feedback plus zoom table read of screen play.
3. Winners are entitled to a blog post feature and podcast interview about their work
Festivals occur every single month. We accept an assortment of shorts & feature films and scripts from around the world today monthly. NOTE: To enhance the feedback for the filmmakers, all feedback comes from verified experts only.
FILM FESTIVAL SCREENING WILL INCLUDE:
- Best Short Winner Screening
- Pilot Winner Screening
- Networking Opportunities
- Welcome from Head Programmer -Tony Award Winner, JJ Maley
Award winners will receive a podcast interview and blog post about their film.
Special lavender award of $250 USD may be given to one project each month.
Film entries must be sent via online digital submission on FilmFreeway.
Script entries must be uploaded as PDF or Final Draft files.
The director, writer, and/or producer of each project are welcome to be part of the podcast interview.
Participants agree that their project and material related to their project may be used and/or published on the Lavender Film Festival website, social media, and used for promotional purposes.
If selected, all commercial/private property including all trademark/copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. The Lavender Film Festival does not take responsibility for any infringement of copywritten materials.
Rules are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
We reserve the right to decline to offer an award in any category.