The Fifth annual, AndShesDopeToo "Lady Wild Film Fest" is an Inspiring one day event in Ogden, Utah (for Ladies, Gents, & kids of all ages) where we join together in the celebration of strong and inspiring women from around the world, who push the boundaries of adventure, sisterhood and balance in their daily lives. The evening showcases a variety hand picked films and film genres featuring female leads & characters that will you leave you with a sense of wonderment, awe and self reflection, refreshing your mind, body and soul and inspiring us all to become our best version of self. The Lady Wild Film Fest is truly a night of celebration and elevation on the Wasatch.
*This year, we have had to make the change to an online Lady Wild Film Festival. We are excited to be bringing our festival into your homes of not just those on the Wasatch, but anyone who wishes to join this event from their location of choice. We are currently working with our team to provide our highly popular ASDT culture type event for all of you to experience. We will update you when we have all of those details soon. We thank you for your understanding as we are adapting and making sure we are doing our part to keep everyone healthy and also bring our festival to more of you all over the world.
We first decided to hold the inaugural LWFF in efforts to raise the funds necessary to produce, from start to finish our very first Award Winning Film, Moksha. The Sundance Film Festival had just announced pulling out of the Ogden specific venues for the first time in more than a decade, and we jumped on the opportunity to present something fresh and new on the exact weekend that Sundance had previously been a staple. Since then we have come to realize the wonderful impact that our festival had on our entire community here on the Wasatch, and with such beautiful ties to so many strong women from around the world, our festival has now become an exciting adventure in and of itself. Opening in 2017 we had a huge showing of 1000+ attendees, following in 2018 with with more than 1200. For this reason we have since moved locations to the (1400 seated) Austad Auditorium, located at the Browning Center on the Beautiful Weber State University mountain side campus.
Two years ago we added the addition of the spoken word. Our inaugural speaker being former professional skier - two-time world champion, five-time X-Games medalist and four-time national champion in halfpipe skiing ,life coach, entrepreneur, writer, adventurer, podcaster and sports broadcaster, Jen Hudak.
We have also showcased local/well known performers in song, dance and storytelling.
The LWFF is an event which provides guests and content creators with a "classy meets casual" evening including some of northern Utah's favorite local eats, drinks, beats & bands! We also include a hefty Raffle giveaway(included with each ticket) from our wonderful festival partners. So come and enjoy all the visuals, sounds, ideas and people that come together for this first of the year festival that is sure to uplift you, inspire you and leave you stoked for more!
Best of Fest:
All content must be owned by or submitted by the creator or owner of all assets submitted.
1. All Ages Programs need to be Family Friendly (G, PG, PG-13), which means: No nudity, gore, or excessive profanity.
2. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
3. We highly encourage all works being submitted as an online screener (Vimeo preferred), if an online screener is not an option we will also accept submission on DVD (region 1 or 0).
4. Online screeners MUST have working passwords throughout the submission process. It is your responsibility to notify us if any changes are made.
5. If submitting on DVD, entries must be postmarked by the deadline date of the entry period in which a film was submitted. (For example, if you submit a film on the early deadline date, the film must also be postmarked as sent on that date.) Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send self-addressed stamped envelopes. Label your mail in submission with 'Attn: Lady Wild Film Festival'
6. We do not discriminate against films that are available to the public online, but encourage original works.
7. Works in progress are accepted. While you may submit the final cut up until the late deadline, your original submission should be a fair representation of your final piece. Please include information as to what still needs to be completed (color correction, score, etc.) in your film file or on your cover letter.
8. All works selected must be available by December 9, 2020 for inclusion in the festival.
9. Lady Wild Film Festival does not issue refunds for submissions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for the Lady Wild Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the Lady Wild Film Festival. The Lady Wild Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the Lady Wild Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Lady Wild Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work. Lady Wild Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees. The Lady Wild Film Festival does not issue refunds.
Submissions for the Lady Wild Film Festival should go through https://filmfreeway.com/festival/LadyWildFilmFest