The LAMPA is a charity cinema project aimed at developing social video content and promoting volunteerism in the world.
LAMPA in Facts and Figures:
- 8 years of creating a community of directors and social innovators who wish to make the world a better place;
- 134 countries and 10 000 short films on globally important topics: environment, sustainable development, volunteerism, charity, inclusion and many more;
- 5 000 000+ Film Festival's community consists of directors, scriptwriters, videographers, actors, real life heroes, philanthropists, socially responsible organisations and mass media.
Together we create and show films that change the world!
- Produce films as an amateurish or professional filmmaker
- Write scripts of short social films
- Help people as a member of a public organisation or by yourself
- Embody socially responsible programmes in business
- Have a video blog on a social issue
Or…just love good films!
LAMPA FILM FESTIVAL 2022 is for you!
LAMPA Film Festival is recognised internationally and serve as a centre of attraction for directors of social cinema and social innovators. The Film Festival collaborates with the United Nations to promote Sustainable Development Goals.
Programme of the Film Festival includes:
- public screenings of the best competitive works;
- educational sessions from Film Festival's Jury Members and directors of social films;
- meetings with films' main characters;
- interactive exhibitions from directors and authors of socially oriented projects;
- awarding ceremony of the LAMPA Film Festival's winners.
LAMPA Film Festival has become one of the most prominent platforms for positioning good stories and one of the largest international events in the field of volunteerism and social media. This year the Film Festival will take place in three cities of Russia – Saint-Petersburg, Perm, and Moscow.
The winners of LAMPA Film Festival will be awarded at the ceremony in Saint-Petersburg, September 8-11, 2022.
Note: In 2022, ANY participant can submit a project without paying registration fee by using a special promotional code LAMPA8452
Since 2021 LAMPA also organizes Short Film Pitch, in which amateur and professional producers and scriptwriters can participate.
If you are willing to promote socially significant topics such as environmental protection, health and wellness, inclusion and world heritage through short films, submit your script to LAMPA Short Film Pitch 2022 now absolutely free!
Note: Only residents from Russia are eligible to participate in LAMPA Short Film Pitch. The submission is free of charge.
The winners of LAMPA Short Film Pitch 2022 will be awarded at the ceremony in Moscow, December 6-9, 2022.
According to the results of the Competition, winners in each nomination and owners of special prizes of the Film Festival are determined.
Awards in nominations:
- Best short socially oriented documentary film
- Best short socially oriented feature film
- Best short socially animated film
- Best social video
- Best social music video clip
- Best social advertising
- "ESG in short films" - a special nomination for business companies that conduct their activities in accordance with the principles of ESG
- "Special Focus" - a special nomination for young directors aged 10 to 18 years old
- "Folk Art and Preservation of Cultural Heritage"
- "Unexplored Arctic"
All winners of the Competition will be awarded with LAMPA trophies, diplomas and memorable prizes.
The best submissions included into the short list of the Film Festival will be recommended for practical implementation and broadcasting for promoting volunteering and charity within the framework of the Film Festival’s events; filmmakers will be invited to LAMPA Film Festival's events.
International Film Festival of
Socially Oriented Short Films, Videos
and Public Service Advertising "LAMPA"
1.1. These Regulations determine the goals, objectives and procedure for organizing and holding the International Film Festival of Socially Oriented Short Films, Videos and Public Service Advertising "LAMPA" (hereinafter referred to as the Film Festival), its organizational and methodological support, the procedure for participation and determining the winners.
1.2. The main idea and mission of the Film Festival is to form an ecosystem for creating, promoting and distributing socially oriented video content on the topics of social service, charity and volunteerism in support of the Sustainable Development Goals and positive changes in the world.
1.3. The organizers of the film festival are: Autonomous non-profit organization "International Center for Social Innovation" Friendship Vector ", Factory of Positive Changes, with the support of interested partners. ANO "Vector Friendship" has a special consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (since 2014) based on the Charter of the United Nations.
1.4. To solve current organizational issues, the Directorate of the Film Festival is being formed.
1.5. The consultative and advisory body of the Film Festival is the Organizing Committee, headed by the Chairman of the Organizing Committee .
1.6. The official Internet resource of the Film Festival is www.lampa.film (hereinafter referred to as the Film Festival Website).
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE FILM FESTIVAL
2.1. Positioning the role of cinema in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and the formation of universal values in the field of ecology, a healthy lifestyle, the development of inclusion, the preservation of cultural and historical values, the development of children's youth socially significant initiatives.
2.2. Development of international cooperation and public diplomacy in the field of social media.
2.3. The search for "new heroes" capable of social exploits and solving socially significant problems that set moral guidelines for imitation.
2.4. Improving the quality of created social advertising, videos, short films, as well as identifying and encouraging the authors of the most successful competitive works.
2.5. Attracting attention to acute social problems through relevant video content ;
2.6. Formation of a film-information base of video works for the further promotion of social initiatives, volunteerism and charity in Russia and abroad;
2.7. Formation of conditions for creative and professional collaboration of the non-profit sector, the film industry and socially responsible business.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE FILM FESTIVAL
3.1. The winners of the Film Festival are determined on the basis of the Competitive Selection of Short Films, Videos and Social Advertising (hereinafter referred to as the Competition).
3.2. Anyone (individual authors and groups of authors) who has submitted all documents in accordance with the terms of the Competition has the right to take part in the Competition.
3.3. Works that meet the Regulations on holding the Film Festival are accepted for the Competition. The year of creation of the works accepted for the Competition is indicated in Appendix No. 1 to these Regulations.
3.4. One participant (team) can submit no more than 3 works to the Competition in any nominations.
3.5. The directorate of the film festival has the right not to include this or that material in the competition program without explanation.
3.6. The materials submitted for the Competition must not contradict the legislation of the Russian Federation, including the law of the Russian Federation "On Advertising", the law of the Russian Federation "On the Mass Media", the law of the Russian Federation "On Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances".
3.7. The materials submitted for the Contest should not be extremist, propagandistic political orientation.
3.8. The Directorate of the Film Festival reserves the right to use the works submitted to the Competition for non-commercial purposes until the official announcement of the winners (with indication of authorship, without payment of royalties). Materials sent to the Contest are not returned or reviewed. In the case of showing and posting on the Internet and in the media submitted by the participants of the competitive works, the Film Festival Directorate is not responsible for claims or complaints from persons and (or) organizations appearing in these works.
3.9. Participation in the Competition means the consent of the author (group of authors) to the further use of works on a royalty-free basis in accordance with Article 9 of these Regulations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPETITION WORK
4.1. The procedure for submitting works to the Competition is determined by Appendix No. 1 to these Regulations.
4.2. The list of nominations of the Film Festival is specified in Appendix No. 2 to these Regulations.
4.3. In the case of a large number of works accepted for the Competition in certain nominations, the Film Festival Directorate has the right to decide on the evaluation of film works in two areas: “Amateur of Cinema” and “Professional of Cinematography”.
4.4. The works submitted for the Competition should be life-affirming, call for creativity, partnership, desire to take responsibility for positive changes in life. Works should inspire, morally and spiritually enrich the audience, position the ideas of social service, volunteering, charity, change value orientations towards kindness and complicity.
4.5. Requirements for entries: codec (preferably) H.264, container - MP4, MPEG. Video resolution is preferably 1920*1080 (Full HD, 1080p), but not less than 720x576. Sound frequency from 24 kHz and above. Audio compression in videos: MP3, WAV, AAC.
4.6. Each work must have titles: indicate the names and surnames of all project participants (including those involved), as well as the date of publication.
4.7. Each work must have subtitles in English in accordance with the international standard ESIST.
4.8. Competitive works can be placed on YouTube, Vimeo, etc. in the "Open Access" or "Access by Link" mode until the moment of summing up the results of the Film Festival, indicating access passwords (if any). In the application for participation in the Contest, a link to the posted work is indicated.
4.9. Author's works submitted on time, the formats and content of which correspond to the approved nominations and topics of the Competition in accordance with these Regulations, are allowed to participate in the Competition.
4.10. The entry must not contain watermarks or other logos throughout the duration.
4.11. The presence of information about the analysis of the social problem reflected in the competition work and (or) information about the measurability of the impact component of the content submitted for the competition, with equal scores in the jury's assessment, gives the director more chances to win the Film Festival. Additional points may also be awarded to competition entries whose authors can provide social impact assessment data as a result of filming and / or broadcasting of film works.
PROCEDURE FOR ORGANIZING AND HOLDING THE COMPETITION
5.1. The competition is held in four stages:
5.1.1. The first stage - Application , includes informing about the Film Festival, accepting applications for participation.
5.1.2. The second stage - Selection , includes an assessment of the competitive works of the Film Festival.
5.1.3. The third stage - Final , includes summing up the final results, according to the results of which a short list is formed, the winners of the Contest are determined.
5.1.4. The fourth stage is the Film Festival, which includes the award ceremony of the Film Festival and other festival events. The plan of events of the Film Festival, indicating the place and dates of the event, is indicated in the Annexes to these Regulations and on the Website of the Film Festival.
5.2. The dates and detailed information on the stages of the Competition are specified in Appendix No. 1 to these Regulations.
PROCEDURE FOR DETERMINING THE WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION
6.1. In order to determine the winners of the Competition, as well as to conduct an examination and evaluate the submitted works, the Directorate of the Film Festival creates a Competition Commission (the Jury of the Film Festival).
6.2. The competition commission is formed from invited experts in the field of the film industry, social advertising, government and public figures, and media representatives. The Competition Commission is headed by the Chairman of the Jury of the Film Festival.
6.3. The competition commission evaluates each competitive work in accordance with the evaluation criteria.
6.4. The competition commission has the right to reject the submitted works if they do not comply with the terms of these Regulations.
6.5. The winners are determined on the basis of the evaluation and examination of the submitted works by the Competition Commission.
6.6. The results of the Competition are published on the Film Festival Website.
WINNER'S REWARD CEREMONY
7.1. According to the results of the Competition, the winners in each category and the owners of special prizes of the Film Festival are determined.
7.2. Winners in each of the nominations of the Competition receive the status of "Winner of the nomination" and are awarded with "LAMP" figurines and diplomas.
7.3. Works included in the short list of the Film Festival, but not received the status of "Nomination Winner", receive the status " Winner of the Film Festival " and are awarded with the appropriate diplomas.
7.4. The works shortlisted for the Film Festival will be recommended for practical use and broadcast to promote the Sustainable Development Goals, volunteerism and social innovation at the events of the Film Festival.
7.5. The awarding of the winners of the Film Festival is held as part of the Closing Ceremony of the Film Festival.
HOLDING A FILM FESTIVAL
8.1. Information about the dates and venue of the events of the Film Festival is posted on the Website of the Film Festival and Annexes to these Regulations;
8.2. The main events of the Film Festival program: public screenings of the best competitive works, educational platforms from jury members and directors of social cinema, foresight sessions on the development of volunteering, live discussions with film characters, interactive exhibitions from directors and authors of social projects, the award ceremony for the winners of the Film Festival.
9.1. If the entry is included in the Shortlist, the author of the entry undertakes to provide the Directorate with the consent of the copyright holders to use the work, including the following items: reproduction, distribution of copies of the work by any means, the right to import, translate or rework the work for non-commercial purposes and without paying monetary compensation to the author (group of authors), but with the obligatory indication of the name of the author (co-authors) in Russia, foreign countries, on the Internet.
9.2. The author of the competitive work undertakes to send the Consent of the copyright holders to the use of the work to the Directorate of the Film Festival within 20 (twenty) days after the publication of the shortlist on the Film Festival Website.
9.3. In order to cooperate and promote social cinema in Russia and abroad, it is possible to prolong the previously concluded consent of the copyright holders to use the work for a longer period.
9.4. The transfer by the participant of competitive works for participation in the Competition means the full and unconditional consent of the participant with these Regulations.
Appendix to Regulation No. 1
The procedure for the Competitive selection of
the International Film Festival of Socially Oriented Short Films, Videos and Public Service Advertising "LAMPA" in 2022
1. Acceptance of works for the Competition is carried out on the FilmFreeway online platform. Instructions for submitting an application are available on the Film Festival website in the "Apply" section.
2. Year of creation of works accepted for the Competition: 2020-2022.
3. When submitting works to the Competition, a participation fee of $ 20 is provided, in the nomination " Special Focus" - $ 5.
Attention! In 2022, any participant can submit a work without paying the registration fee by receiving a special promotional code on the Film Festival website.
4. Applications for the Contest are accepted until 23.00 hours (Moscow time) June 10 , 2022 .
5. Competition dates:
● Start of applications: 21 February 202 2 years.
● Deadline for applications: June 10 , 2022 .
● Announcement of the results of the qualifying round: June 30 , 2022 . The shortlist is published on the Film Festival Website.
6. Information about the place and dates of the Award Ceremony within the framework of the Film Festival is published in the Annexes to these Regulations and on the Film Festival Website.
Annex to Regulation No. 2
List of nominations of the
International Film Festival of
Socially Oriented Short Films, Videos
and Public Service Advertising "LAMPA" in 2022
Film festival nominations :
● "Documentary Short Film" is a full-fledged short film with a socially significant storyline. The basis of film work is shooting real events and people. The duration of the competition work is no more than 40 minutes.
● "Fiction short film" is a full-fledged short film with a certain meaning, storyline and characters. At the heart of the film work is a plot of a socially significant orientation. The duration of the competition work is no more than 40 minutes.
● "Animated short film" - a short film on a socially significant topic, made with the help of animation. Timing of the competitive work - no more than 20 minutes.
● “Social video” is a short video sketch that reflects the ideas of social service, volunteering, and charity in an original and artistic form. The video should be concise, have an unambiguous interpretation, an optimal combination of image and text. The video can be filmed using any device. The running time of the competition work is no more than 5 minutes.
● "Social music video" - a short film or video clip of a social orientation that accompanies a musical composition. The use of a musical composition (a fragment of a musical composition) must be agreed with the copyright holder and not violate the copyrights of third parties. Timing of the competitive work - no more than 5 minutes.
● "Social advertising" is a non-commercial advertising aimed at changing the models of social behavior and drawing attention to socially significant phenomena and problems. The duration of the competitive work - no more than 2 minutes.
Special nominations of the film festival:
● "ESG in short films" is a special nomination for business companies. Competitive works of any of the formats of a short film (feature, documentary, video, advertising), which demonstrate the company's social responsibility in support of the SDGs and show the results of the implementation of socially oriented programs that create conditions for positive changes in society - from 1 to 40 minutes (in depending on the selected format)
● "Special Focus" - a special nomination for young directors aged 10 to 18 years. Competitive works can take part in the nomination, corresponding to the following formats: socially oriented short film, social video, social advertising, animated social film, social music video. The duration of the competition work is no more than 40 minutes.
Special nominations from the film festival's partner - the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation (ROSSOTRUDNICHESTVO). Competitive works in the following formats can take part in the nominations: socially oriented short film, social video, social advertising, animated social film, social music video. The duration of the competition work is no more than 40 minutes.
● "Folk Art and the Preservation of Cultural Heritage".
● "The Unexplored Arctic".
The list of special nominations can be supplemented with new nominations from the partners of the Film Festival within the terms of the Competition established by these Regulations.
The Directorate of the Film Festival "LAMPA" reserves the right to award the winners of special nominations with cash prizes for film works that particularly vividly reflect current social topics.