The LAMPA is a charity cinema project aimed at developing social video content and promoting volunteerism in the world.
- 7 years Film Festival unites directors and social innovators who wish to make the world a better place;
- 132 countries and 9500 short films on universally important themes: environment, sustainable development, volunteerism, charity, inclusion and many more;
- 100 000+ Film Festival's community consists of directors, scriptwriters, videographers, actors, real life heroes, philanthropists, socially responsible organisations and mass media
Together we create and show films that change the world!
- Produce films as an amateurish or professional filmmaker
- Help people as a member of a public organisation or by yourself
- Embody socially responsible programmes in business
- Have a video blog on a social issue
Or…just love good films!
LAMPA FILM FESTIVAL 2021 is for you!
LAMPA Film Festival's events have a high international status and serve as a centre of attraction for directors of social cinema and social innovators:
- On December 5, 2018 - the United Nations Office hosted the LAMPA Film Festival Retrospective;
- On June 11-13, 2019 - the best films of the LAMPA Film Festival on the theme of inclusion were presented at the International Conference Inclusive Volunteering #INFOCUS at the United Nations Office in Geneva;
- On February 19-20, 2020 - the LAMPA International Film Festival Retrospective was held at the UN Headquarters in New York;
- The International Awarding Ceremony of the LAMPA Film Festival is annually held in Perm (Russia) within the framework of the LAMPA FILM FEST.
Venue: Russia, Perm.
Dates: October 7-10, 2021
Programme of events of the LAMPA FILM FEST 2021:
- public screenings of the best competitive works;
- educational sessions from Film Festival's Jury Members and directors of social films;
- meetings with films' main characters;
- interactive exhibitions from directors and authors of socially oriented projects;
- awarding ceremony of the LAMPA Film Festival's winners.
The LAMPA Film Festival has become one of the most prominent platforms for positioning good stories and one of the largest international events in the field of volunteerism and social media.
According to the results of the Competition, winners in each nomination and owners of special prizes of the Film Festival are determined.
Awards in nominations:
- Best short socially oriented documentary film
- Best short socially oriented feature film
- Best social video
- Best social music video clip
- Best social advertising
- Best commercial social advertising
- Best youth film work in the nomination "Special focus"
Special prizes of the Film Festival:
- “1+1” is a prize for promoting the best practices in the field of social inclusion and expanding social solidarity, including the social adaptation of physically disabled people, integration into society of vulnerable population groups, etc.
- “Hero of good stories” is a prize for media professionals who took part in the shooting of the Film Festival's competitive work, actively promoting and developing the theme of social service and charity.
- #ALLTOGETHER is a prize for media promoting and positioning of social deeds public and corporate initiatives, for cinematic "study" on human capabilities in self-isolation mode, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Meaningful business” is a prize for production of socially-oriented films and social advertising by business companies ourselves and / or together with charitable foundations and volunteer organisations.
All winners of the Competition will be awarded with LAMPA trophies, diplomas and memorable prizes.
The best submissions included into the short list of the Film Festival will be recommended for practical implementation and broadcasting for promoting volunteering and charity within the framework of the Film Festival’s events; filmmakers will be invited to LAMPA Film Festival's events.
1. Article GENERAL CONDITIONS
1.1. These Rules and regulations determine the objectives, tasks and procedures of carrying out and implementation of the LAMPA International Film Festival of socially oriented short films, videos and social advertising (hereafter – the Film Festival), its organisational and methodological support, the procedure of film submission and selection of winners.
1.2. The main idea and mission of the Film Festival is to create a unique platform in order to build up a system in the information space for promoting ideas of social serving, volunteering and charity by film media means of artistic expression.
1.3. The Founder of the Film Festival is International Centre for Social Innovations “Vector of Friendship”. The Founder of the Film Festival forms the Directorate of the Film Festival for dealing with the current organisational issues.
1.4. The Organising Committee, headed by the Chairwoman of the Organising Committee is the advisory body of the Film Festival.
1.5. The official website of the Film Festival – www.eng.lampa.film (hereafter – the website of the Film Festival).
2. Article OBJECTIVES AND TASKS OF THE FILM FESTIVAL
2.1. Searching for “new heroes” who are capable to commit social deeds and solve significant social issues that set the moral guide for following.
2.2. Positioning the role of cinema in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and shaping universal human values in the field of ecology, healthy lifestyle, inclusion development, respectful attitude towards the history and culture of homeland, development of socially important initiatives by children and youth.
2.3. Enhancing the quality of created social advertisement, social video, and short films as well as identifying and rewarding the authors of the most successful entries.
2.4. Drawing the attention to the most urgent social problems by means of relevant video content, shaping the cinema and information base of video entries.
2.5. Developing international cooperation and public diplomacy in the field of social media.
3. Article CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE FILM FESTIVAL
3.1. Winners of the Film Festival are determined on the basis of the Competitive Selection of socially oriented short films, videos and social advertising (hereafter – the Competition).
3.2. The Competition is open to everyone wishing to participate (individually or groups) who submitted all necessary documents in accordance with Rules and regulations of the Competition.
3.3. The entries compliant with the Rules and regulations for the Film Festival are allowed for submission. The year of creation of the film works accepted for the Competition is indicated in Appendix No.1 to these Rules and regulations.
3.4. One participant (group) may submit to the Competition no more than 3 works in any nominations.
3.5. The Directorate of the Film Festival has the right not to include any material in the Competition without explaining the reasons.
3.6. All submissions must follow the regulations of the Russian Federation, including the law of the Russian Federation “On advertising”, the law of the Russian Federation “On the mass media”, the law of the Russian Federation “On narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances”.
3.7. The materials submitted for the Competition must not contain political propaganda.
3.8. The Directorate of the Film Festival reserves the right to use entries for non-commercial purposes, submitted to the Competition, before the official announcement of the winners (indicating its author, without royalties). Once materials have been sent, they will not be returned and reviewed. The Directorate of the Film Festival is not responsible for any claims and complaints from the persons and (or) organisations appearing in the submitted entries, in case of showing or online publishing and distribution in mass media.
3.9. Participation in the Competition means consent of an author (or author team) for further usage of entries on a non-repayable base as per Article 9 of these Rules and regulations.
4. REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRIES
4.1. The procedure for submitting film works to the Competition is determined by Appendix No.1 to these Rules and regulations.
4.2 The list of nominations and special prizes of the Film Festival is indicated in Appendix No. 2 to these Rules and regulations.
4.3. In the case of a large number of works submitted to the Competition in different nominations, the Directorate of the Film Festival has the right to decide on the evaluation of film works in two sections: “Amateurish filmmaker” and “Professional filmmaker”.
4.4. All submissions should be life-asserting, calling for creation, partnership, desire to change personal views and the way of life towards positive actions. Submissions should morally and spiritually enrich the audience, promote ideas of social serving, volunteering and charity, change the value compass towards kindness and tolerance.
4.5. Requirements for entries: codec (preferably) H.264, container — MP4, MPEG. Video resolution is preferably 1920*1080 (Full HD, 1080), not less than 720х576. The frequency of sound from 24 kHz and more. Compression of sound in video clips: MP3, WAV, AAC.
4.6. It is obligatory for each entry to have captions: first and last names of all participants of the project (including the people involved), and the date of publication.
4.7. Entries can be posted on YouTube, Vimeo and other services in the mode of “Open access” or “Access by link” until the results of the Film Festival are announced with providing access passwords (if there are any). The link to the contest video has to be placed in the Film Festival application.
4.8. All entries submitted on time are allowed to be selected for the Competition if their content complies with declared nominations and topics of the Film Festival, mentioned in these Rules and regulations.
4.9. The entry should not contain any watermarks and other logos for all timeline of the film.
5. Article ARRANGEMENT PROCEDURES OF THE FILM FESTIVAL
5.1. The Competition is held in 4 stages:
5.1.1. The first stage is Preliminary, which includes information sharing on the Film Festival, films submissions.
5.1.2. The second stage is Selection, which includes the evaluation of the entries submitted to the Competition.
5.1.3. The third stage is Final, which includes summarising of the results, then based on these results the shortlist is formed and winners of the Competition are determined.
5.1.4. The fourth stage is holding the Awards Ceremony of the Film Festival.
5.2. Terms and detailed information on the stages of the Competition are indicated in Appendix No.1 to these Rules and regulations.
6. Article THE ORDER OF WINNERS DETERMINATION
6.1. The Directorate of the Film Festival establishes the Selection Committee (Jury Members) in order to determine the winners of the Competition and judge the entries.
6.2. The Selection Committee is formed from invited experts in the field of film industry, social advertisement, state and public figures, representatives of NGOs, representatives of mass media. The Selection Committee is headed by the Chairman of the Jury of the Film Festival.
6.3. The Selection Committee assesses each entry in accordance with the criteria.
6.4. The Selection Committee has the right to decline submissions if they do not meet the requirements of these Rules and regulations.
6.5. The Selection Committee will determine winners on the base of the assessment and expertise of the submissions.
6.6. The results of the Competition will be published on the website of the Film Festival.
7. Article AWARDS
7.1. According to the results of the Competition, winners in each nomination and owners of special prizes of the Film Festival are determined.
7.2. All winners of the Competition will be awarded with the LAMPA trophies, diplomas and other memorable prizes.
7.3. The best submissions included into the short list of the Film Festival will be recommended for practical implementation and broadcasting for promoting volunteering and charity within the framework of the Film Festival’s events.
7.4. Awarding of the Film Festival winners will be held within the Closing Ceremony of the Film Festival.
8. Article ORGANISATION OF THE FILM FESTIVAL
8.1. The information regarding the dates and venue of the Film Festival is posted on the website of the Film Festival.
8.2. The main events of the Film Festival’s programme are public screenings of the best competitive works, educational sessions from Jury Members and directors of social cinema, foresight sessions on volunteerism development, meetings with films’ main characters, interactive exhibitions from directors and authors of social projects, awarding ceremony for the winners of the Film Festival.
9. Article COPYRIGHTS
9.1. The Directorate of the Film Festival reserves the right to:
use a video (film work) for the purpose of promotion and development of socially oriented cinema for 10 years, including the right to reproduction, distribution of copies of the film work by any means, the right to import, transfer or processing film works for non-commercial purposes and without payment of remuneration to the author (team of authors), but with obligatory indication of author's name (co-authors);
hold non-commercial film campaigns based on the submitted works (online catalog, Internet resources) in the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad;
reproduce entries for the needs of the reproduction of the work for the needs of the LAMPA International Film Festival of socially oriented short films, videos and social advertising and for the purposes of its advertising, while carrying out socially significant events on the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad. Also, it has the right to broadcast entries on the television and on the Internet within non-commercial use;
use fully or partially for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes.
9.2. In case if a submission is included into the Shortlist of the Competition, the author is obliged to sign the Author's consent with the Film Festival organisers to grant the rights of using the film on a non-exclusive basis within 20 (twenty) days after the publication of the short list of the Competition on the website of the Film Festival.
9.3. The submission of entry by the participant in order to take part in the Competition means full and unconditional consent of the participant to these Rules and regulations.