The Festival was founded primarily to promote cinema culture in Uttarakhand. The first two editions were conducted at, and in association with, The Hermitage, Kumaun University. The third edition was organised in association with, and alongside, the Marchula Festival, at the Mahaseer Fishing Camps, Jim Corbett National Park.
In adding to a citation, winning directors of the top 3 awards get 3-day food and accommodation at the Mahaseer Fishing Camps, situated in the outer zone of the Jim Corbett National Park, Marchula, Uttarakhand. Tentative dates: End-March 2021, during the next edition of the festival. This invitation to the director extends either to their parents or to their spouse and kids.
Best Short Fiction
Best Student Film
Best Woman Director
Critics Choice Award for Best Debut
People's Choice Award for Best Film
• The 2020 edition would be an entirely virtual one.
• It would be a NON-ticketed screening.
• All selected FILMS WOULD PLAY ON THE CONTESTANTS' OWN SITES with only the film title and hyperlink on the Kautik website.
• Within 2 days of receiving the selected notification, contestants must send the festival screening link of their film.
• Contestants agree to keep their respective films open to the public. Minimum: One-time live streaming at a specified date and time. Maximum: The entire duration of the festival. That choice is entirely theirs.
• Kautik will NOT be responsible for the safety/security of contestants' films.
• Films that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third party.
• Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permission regarding music, sound and images. Kautik is not liable for any copyrights infringement perpetuated by the contestant or their film.
• Kautik reserves the right to not screen any film for any reason it deems valid.
• The contestant accepts the responsibility of the accuracy of information supplied.
• The contestant authorises Kautik to reproduce/use personal/company’s contact information as supplied.
• All legal issues, if any, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Nainital High Court.
• Entrants will retain all ownership rights.
• For promotional/publicity purposes, excerpts of films that have been entered in Kautik may be shown in electronic media/internet and other related media during the festival period.
• Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for further advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
• Kautik has the power to settle all cases not covered by rules and regulations.
Participation in Kautik implies acceptance of all aforesaid regulations and respect of screening and submission rules.