Karukrit is a monthly film & screenplay competition. Each month, our Jury will award the best films through private screenings, and make a special interview with the winner of the Best of the competition (Film of the Month) award. The monthly winners will compete in 2021 winter for the "Karukrit Excellence Award" (best film of the year). 'Karukrit' annual judging team will select the winners in 15 main categories, such as Documentary, Experimental, Animation, etc. Films entered in multiple categories will have the chance to win multiple awards.
Karukrit is an organization that aims to help and educate marginalized people through different programs. We will travel will your films in different parts of India so that this festival does not get stuck in one place. We are a determined team of creative people from Himachal Pradesh and programmers from around the globe.
Himachal Pradesh is a northern Indian state in the Himalayas. It's home to scenic mountain towns and resorts such as Dalhousie. Host to the Dalai Lama, Himachal Pradesh has a strong Tibetan presence. This is reflected in its Buddhist temples and monasteries, as well as its vibrant Tibetan New Year celebrations. The region is also well known for its trekking, climbing, and skiing areas.
Best Picture (Film of the Month)
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Crime Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best Mystery Film
Best Film Noir
Best Animation Feature
Best Animation Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Inspirational Film
Best Indie Film
Best Micro Film (up to 120 seconds)
Best Music Video
Best Web Series
Best Experimental Film
Best 18 and Under
Best Original Score
Best Visual Effects
Best First Time Director
Best Student Film
Best Original Story
Best Screenplay - Short
Best Screenplay - Feature
And all the mentioned categories in the submission list.
* The Karukrit Excellence annual winner will receive one free Karukrit statuette. Other winners may order a statuette for their team, for $250 including shipping charges.
* All submitters receive a print-ready digital certificate (png/pdf) and customized laurel.
* All winners receive an exclusive shout-out promotion for their projects.
* We promote all our submitter in different ways, through our popular social media channels.
Karukrit is looking for films and scripts which tell a story or speak about facts or fiction in the form of documentary, narrative, animation, photographs, new web media.
Please take a look at the rules:
1) The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
2) By submitting your film, you agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purposes.
3) Entry fees are non-refundable.
4) You must own all the rights to the film.
5) You can submit in multiple categories.
6) Production year is not a bar for this festival.
7) All decisions regarding the status of submissions are final and cannot be challenged/questioned.
8) By submitting in KIFF you give us the rights to use behind the scene photos and trailers for promotion, blog, articles.
Karukrit does not accept the following:
1) Films with low-quality sound.
2) Films without subtitles/captions for non-English films.
Karukrit is a FilmFreeway Gold festival, and a branch of Touchstone Media. Karukrit is supported by InkTip, Desikalakari, and Horror Bowl Movie Awards,