Kaleidoscope a 9 day celebration of LGBT films and filmmakers whose mission is to provide innovative and unique programming that will engage the hearts and minds of audiences in the State of Arkansas and the surrounding region.
Kaleidoscope celebrates the diversity of the LGBT community and filmmakers by presenting poignant and thought-provoking films documenting LGBT lives truthfully and with respect. The festival exhibits the power of film to transform lives and opinions of those both inside and outside the LGBT community through the universal medium of the cinema.
Our Kaleidoscope 2017 lineup featured award winning films from Sundance, SXSW, Tribeca, Frameline, Outfest, Venice, 2 Berlinale Teddy Award winners, and the North American Premiere of the Cannes Queer Palm Short Film Award winner. This was on top of many other independent feature-length and short films.
Some of our guests last year included Armistead Maupin (The Untold Tales of Armistead Maupin), Cheryl Dunye (The Watermelon Woman), Luka Kain (Saturday Church), Assaad Yacoub (Cherry Pop), and Stephen Cone (Princess Cyd).
Awards & Prizes
Entries are eligible for Audience & Juried Awards in the various categories for Narrative and Documentary features and shorts.
Rules & Terms
1.Kaleidoscope/Film Society of Little Rock is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
2. Runtimes: Short Films are any films under 40 minutes in length. Feature films will be considered those that are over 40 minutes.
3. Only digital online screener submissions are accepted using FilmFreeway’s digital submission process (Vimeo/YouTube links).
4. All films submitted must be in English dialogue or contain onscreen English subtitles. The festival reserves the right to disqualify any film that does not meet this requirement.
5. More than one entry may be submitted. Each must be submitted with its own entry form and fee.
6. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to obtain all necessary copyrights. By submitting the film you maintain you have obtained all necessary rights for exhibition.
7. COMPLETION DATE: The film must have been completed on or after January 1, 2016.
8. PREMIERE STATUS: No premiere requirement
9. Works in progress may be submitted but it must be stated on the application. If selected it is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure the completed version arrives to the festival before the festival begins.
10. Films may have distribution.
11. All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
Notification of Official Selections will be approximately 6 weeks before screening date.
For films accepted for exhibition, the festival will return any Hard Drives and Blurays if requested. This is for exhibition copies only.
SCHEDULING: Films are scheduled at the discretion of Kaleidoscope. Kaleidoscope retains the right to make changes to the published schedule at any time and for any reason. Films may be screened more than once. Short films may be screened at subsequent screenings for up 12 months. Every effort will be made to contact the filmmaker before a screening that occurs outside of the Kaleidoscope festival dates.
RELEASE Kaleidoscope is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Kaleidoscope from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.