Theme “My Kentish Town”
ALL FILMS HAVE TO RELATE TO KENTISH TOWN, LONDON. MAXIMUM 3 MINUTES LONG.
KTNF invites open submissions for our upcoming Short Film Festival. These can be in any format – standard format short film of up to 3 minutes, vertical format (like tiktok /reels) etc. Your film can take any form you like: documentary, drama, animation, music video, experimenta, a visual poem, a personal confession, downright weird…it’s all up to you.
There are no age restrictions and it is free to enter. We encourage everyone who loves – or hates – Kentish Town irrespective of prior experience of film making to join in. You don’t have to be a Kentish Town resident.
Judging will take place in September followed by local screenings of the shortlisted entries and the award ceremony and prizes in October/November.
The overall winner will receive the coveted Brazen Fox Award (the Golden Fox was already taken it turns out, but no animal emblem says Kentish Town like the ubiquitous slick Urban fox)
There will also be prizes for the individual categories.
1. All films must relate to Kentish Town.
2. Maximum duration of film is 3 minutes.
3. There are two categories: Open and 16 and under
4. Films must be the original work of the entrants.
5. Films whose prime purpose is to promote a product or company are not eligible.
6. Entrants must have obtained clearance for all copyrighted music and any other copyrighted material used in their films.
7. Written permission must have been obtained from all the people actively appearing in the film, including from the guardians of any children, where relevant.
8. Entries must be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway.
9. To be eligible for the 2022 competition entries must be received by the final deadline of December 6 2022.
10. Filmmakers can submit more than one film.
11. Your status on FilmFreeway will acknowledge the receipt of your submission.
12. Filmmakers whose work is ‘Officially Selected’ will be notified by December 31 2022.
13. Details of the Official Selections will be posted on the KTNF website. Selected films should be made available for festival screening and streaming online.
14. KTNF Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason at its absolute discretion. Specifically we reserve the right to exclude material deemed to be of an offensive nature.
15. The decision of the judges is final. We will not enter into correspondence or discussion concerning any decision.
16. KTNF Film Festival and associated parties accept no responsibility for any misuse of intellectual property rights.
17. KTNF Film Festival has the right to use images and a maximum of 45 seconds from selected films for promotional screenings or on the KTNF website or for press or media purposes. If KTNF wishes to screen a selected film or extracts from a film outside of the festival, in all instances permission will be sought from the filmmaker in advance. Film makers maintain all intellectual property rights to their film.
18. Any entry not complying with these rules will be disqualified.