KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival had such a fun time meeting amazing filmmakers the our second, we decided to have a third run for 2018! KaPow IFF will bring together the best, most creative, and yet to be discovered works of filmmakers from all over the planet. But this “Intergalactic” festival isn’t just for science fiction. Intergalactic is the scale on which we plan to eventually show your work! Stay tuned to this page as it updates, with participating sponsors, awards, vendors, and cash prizes!
We accept all genres from the following categories:
We applaud creators whose imaginations are so far “outside the box”, that the box doesn’t even exist. If your project is inventive, dynamic, and damn good filmmaking, KaPow IFF is the perfect place to showcase your work.
KaPow IFF will be held September 28-October 4, 2018, at the Laemmle NoHo 7 Theatre in North Hollywood, California. Screenings will be shown on one screen.
Laemmle NoHo 7 (818-762-4600), is located in the heart of the NoHo Arts District, around the corner of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences! The NoHo Arts District features a mix of over 30 restaurants, bars, coffee shops, pizzerias, and other services, all within a short walking distance of the festival. It is also a short walking distance near the North Hollywood Redline Station (which is 1 subway stop away from Universal Studios and 2 stops away from the Hollywood Blvd Chinese Theater)!
Numerous lodging options are available within a few mile radius. Here's a link to some hotels/motels - http://bit.ly/2qYjVVh
Affordable rooms/houses in walking distance from Laemmle NoHo7 can be found at - http://airbnb.com (search: "North Hollywood, CA). Our crosstreets are Lankershim and Magnolia.
---PARKING--- 11144 Weddington St. (Next to the Art Institute). The parking structure/lot is also labeled "5250 Parking". With Laemmle validation parking is $2.00 for 3.5 hours + $1.25 every 15 min. thereafter.
Outdoor parking lot: 11231 Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601. $0.50 per hour, $2.50 for 10 hours. There is also metered parking on Lankershim Blvd, in front of NoHo 7 and free parking on residential streets.
---PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION--- The North Hollywood Redline Station is a block walking distance from NoHo 7.
Films entered in multiple categories are eligible to win several awards.
Official Selection -Filmmakers will be notified August 20th or before, whether you are part of the official selection for The 2018 KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival. Laurels can be sent via email by request.
Nominations - Filmmakers nominated for awards will be contacted September 3rd or before. Laurels can be sent via email by request.
The Coveted KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival Award Certificate will be given to the winners of each of these categories:
Best Film Made in Los Angeles
Best Music Video
Best Original Screenplay
Best Experimental Film
Best TV Pilot
Best New Media
Best Ensemble Comedy/Musical
Best Ensemble Drama
Best Ensemble Horror
Best Ensemble Sci-Fi/Fantasy
9 Filmmakers will receive copies of Final Draft.
9 Filmmakers will receive copies of "Thimbleweed Park" point-and-click adventure game by Terrible Toybox, Inc.
9 Filmmakers will receive copies of 3DLUT Creator Color Correction Software!
9 Filmmakers will receive a 3 month membership to CAZT in Los Angeles
(ALL WINNERS WILL ALSO RECEIVE AWARD CERTIFICATES AND WINNER LAURELS.)
1. Films eligible for Official Selection will be notified sometime in August 30th or before, and are all eligible for nomination of their submitted categories.
2. Filmmakers who wish to submit more than one project, will pay the full submission rate for their first title, and only $10 for each additional title (call the KaPow phone number for $10 coupon code 323-905-2769).
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. Online screeners and DVDs are accepted for submission and for consideration by the Selection Committee. PAL SYSTEM IS NOT ACCEPTED. We will NOT accept online films for exhibition screening. PAL system is NOT accepted. Only Blue-ray DVDs and DCP will be screened at KaPow IFF 2017.
5. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital file only.
6. Every filmmaker is encouraged to stream live on Instagram, Facebook, Periscope, etc while in the lobby, before any screening, during any Q&A, and at the Awards Ceremony. (However, livestreaming inside a theatre during a screening is prohibited.)
7. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
8. The entry fee is not refundable
9. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of The KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival