KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival experienced an amazing collective of filmmakers/screenwriters/podcasters, sharing unique projects during our third orbit in 2018, so we just had to come back for more magic in 2019! KaPow IFF bridges the most creative, and yet to be discovered, imaginations from all over the Multi-verses. But this “Intergalactic” festival isn’t just for science fiction. Intergalactic is the scale on which we showcase your craftwork! We value the KaPow IFF Community and the satisfying vibes we co-evolve together, where your Futureself connects with their current collaborators. Stay tuned to this page as it updates with participating sponsors, awards, vendors, and more!
We accept all genres from the following categories:
...and NEW this year....
-Public Service Announcements
We applaud creators whose imaginations are so far “outside the box”, that the box doesn’t even exist. If your project is inventive, dynamic, and cosmically inspired, KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival is the perfect venue to celebrate your creations and meet friendly new collaborators!
KaPow IFF is held September 13 - 19, 2019, at Laemmle NoHo 7 in North Hollywood, California. Screenings are shown on one screen.
Laemmle NoHo 7 (818-762-4600), is located in the heart of the NoHo Arts District, around the corner of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences! The NoHo Arts District features a mix of over 30 restaurants, bars, coffee shops, pizzerias, and other services, all within a short walking distance of the festival. It is also a block from the North Hollywood Redline Station (which is 1 subway stop away from Universal Studios and 2 stops away from the Famous Hollywood Blvd Chinese Theatre)!
Numerous lodging options are available within a few mile radius. Here's a link to some hotels/motels - http://bit.ly/2qYjVVh
Affordable rooms/houses in walking distance from Laemmle NoHo7 can be found at - http://airbnb.com (search: "North Hollywood, CA). Our crosstreets are Lankershim and Magnolia.
---PARKING--- 11144 Weddington St. (Next to the Art Institute). The parking structure/lot is also labeled "5250 Parking". With Laemmle validation parking is $2.00 for 3.5 hours + $1.25 every 15 min. thereafter.
Outdoor parking lot: 11231 Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601. $0.50 per hour, $2.50 for 10 hours. There is also metered parking on Lankershim Blvd, in front of NoHo 7 and free parking on residential streets.
---PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION--- The North Hollywood Redline Station is a block walking distance from NoHo 7.
Films entered in multiple categories are eligible to win several awards.
Official Selection. Filmmakers will be notified by August 7th or before, if they are an Official Selection of the 2019 KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival. Laurels can be sent via email by request.
Nominations - Filmmakers nominated for awards will be contacted September 3rd or before. Laurels can be sent via email by request.
KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival Winner Laurels are given to the winners of each of these categories:
Best Film Made in Los Angeles
Best Music Video
Best Original Screenplay
Best Experimental Film
Best TV Pilot
Best New Media
Best Ensemble Comedy/Musical
Best Ensemble Drama
Best Ensemble Horror
Best Ensemble Sci-Fi/Fantasy
-NEW this year-
Best Public Service Announcement
(Each Winner present at the KaPow IFF Award Ceremony also receives the one-of-a-kind Coveted Golden "KaPowee" Award)
1. Films eligible for Official Selection will be notified sometime on August 7 or before, and are all eligible for nomination of their submitted categories.
2. Filmmakers who wish to submit more than one project, will pay the full submission rate for their first title, and only $10 for each additional title (call the KaPow phone number for $10 coupon code 323-905-2769).
3. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
4. Online screeners and DVDs are accepted for submission and for consideration by the Selection Committee. PAL SYSTEM IS NOT ACCEPTED. We will NOT accept online films for exhibition screening. PAL system is NOT accepted. Only DCP will be screened at KaPow IFF 2019 (*exceptions are on a case-by-case basis, contact KaPow IFF).
5. Online screeners and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital file only.
6. Every filmmaker/screenwriter/podcaster at KaPow IFF is encouraged to stream live on Instagram, Facebook, Periscope, etc while in the lobby, before any screening, during any Q&A, and at the Awards Ceremony. (However, livestreaming inside a theatre during a screening is prohibited.)
7. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
8. The entry fee is not refundable
9. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of The KaPow Intergalactic Film Festival
~ If your film or music video is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require:
For feature-length films, shorts, music videos and episodic series: DCP, must be DCI compliant (*exceptions on a case-by-case basis, contact KaPow IFF)
One sentence synopsis of film; 150 word synopsis of film
Trailers, clip reels, posters, postcards and electronic press kit
Please observe the running time frames for your submission:
Feature-length Fiction and Documentary Films (more than 51 minutes)
Short films (less than 26 minutes)
Mid-length short films (between 26 and 50 minutes)
High school shorts (less than 20 minutes)
Web Series (less than 12 minutes) ~