K3 Film Festival takes place in Villach, Austria and is widely recognized for its courageous and thoughtful selection of films. The festival aims to promote the diversity of filmic languages ranging from short films, video art to feature films and documentaries. Deriving from “Kommerz, Kunst, Kino - commerce, art, cinema” K3 seeks to push the boundaries between genres striving for a multifaceted cinematic experience. Situated at the border of three countries (Austria, Italy, Slovenia) it offers a lively experience of diverse cultures and a truly international meeting point. With the focus on the regions of Friuli-Venezia Giulia (Italy), Carinthia (Austria) and Slovenia it strengthens the filmic exchange and pursues intensive cooperation.
// Das K3 Film Festival in Villach, Österreich ist für seine mutige und durchdachte Auswahl an Filmen bekannt. Das Festival fördert die Vielfalt filmischer Sprachen von Kurzfilmen über Videokunst bis hin zu Spiel- und Dokumentarfilmen und versucht - für ein vielseitiges Kinoerlebnis - die Grenzen zwischen den Genres zu verschieben. An der Grenze von drei Ländern (Österreich, Italien, Slowenien) gelegen, ermöglicht es eine direkte Erfahrung unterschiedlicher Kulturen und bietet einen internationalen Treffpunkt im familären Rahmen. Mit dem Fokus auf die Regionen Friaul-Julisch Venetien, Kärnten und Slowenien verstärkt es den filmischen Austausch und strebt eine intensive Zusammenarbeit der Regionen an.
K3 Short Film Award € 1.500.-
K3 Short Film Audience Award € 800.-
ATTENTION! Before the synopsis of the film, it must be stated what is the connection to the region (director - place of birth, residency or filming location or support by a local institution). Otherwise the entry will not be watched.
1. Only complete entries are accepted.
2. Running time of films and videos must not exceed 30 minutes (including credits).
3. All kind of genres (except: children/teen films, promotional works like advertisements, music video clips) are accepted.
4. Works previously screened and/or awarded are eligible.
5. No entry fees.
6. Works must have been finished after 01.01.2016 or it must be a world premiere.
7. Final screening copies must be subtitled in English.
8. No re-entry: films previously submitted to the festival cannot be submitted.
9. Once the entry is submitted participation cannot be withdrawn.
10. All entered materials remain in the archives of K3 for solely non-commercial purposes. If these films will be used for tour screening, the right-holder will be asked for permission.
11. Selection of entries is final and binding and K3 is free to put works in whatever competition.
12. All entries are done at the expense and on the risk of the submitter.
13. In case of selection for K3 you give agreement to publication of film-stills and entered photos of the director in press and websites.
14. In case of selection for K3 you give agreement to promotion of parts of the film with a maximum length of 10% of the overall running time in TV, trailers and on internet.
15. For any breach of copyrights the submitter takes the sole responsibility.
16. Selected directors get free lodging and free entrance to all events of K3 Film Festival 2018.
17. Only one director per film can be invited. This invitation is not transferable to a third person.
18. The festival will try to help with travel expenses.
19. All awarding is final. The jury reserves the right not to award any films.
20. The selected filmmakers will be contacted by K3 for all the requirements in order to find the best way to do high quality projections of the selected works.
21. Screenings are done via high-quality digital files and analogical.
22. Participation in the festival implies acceptance without reservation of all the terms outlined in the present regulations.