The Joburg Film Festival is strategically positioned to become Africa’s Premier Film Festival through the curation and showcasing of African and International films whilst providing youth and filmmakers with various opportunities for development, training, skills transfer and networking.
Now in its fifth year and presented by Multichoice the annual film festival has come into its own, establishing itself as an independent platform that not only tells OUR stories but showcases and rewards excellence in film.
The Youth and Audience Development Programme short competition invites young filmmakers from 5 regions of Gauteng to create a short film around the theme - "what inspires you about your township / city?"
Three winners will be selected from across the five regions and will receive a range of prizes with one selected filmmaker receiving a scholarship and other valuable prizes.
1This Competition is organised by Native Yard Solutions (Pty) Ltd (“Native Yard”) of Turner and Townsend Building, Ground Floor, 21 Fricker Road, Illovo, Gauteng, 2196, a private company duly registered and incorporated in accordance with the Company Laws of the Republic of South Africa with Registration Number 2015/332877/07. Native Yard is the proprietor of the Joburg Film Festival.
1. A decision to award the Prize is final.
2. Native Yard requires the Winner to:
2.1. provide their full name, identity number and a copy of their identification document;
2.2. sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the Prize and an indemnity; and
2.3. where an entry includes the submission of any work eligible for copyright in terms of the Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978, conclude an agreement of assignment whereby any rights which the Winner may have in respect of such works are transferred to Native Yard.
3. Should the Winner refuse to comply with the provisions contained in Rule 12 above, then the Winner shall be deemed to have rejected the Prize, and it shall revert back to Native Yard.
4. Any Winner may be requested to attend the event of the announcement of the winner, to take part in Native Yard’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by Native Yard for promotional purposes.
5. Where a winner consents to take part in Native Yard’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of Native Yard.
6. By entering this Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, processing and further processing of his or her personal information (including personal information contained in electronic communications) by Native Yard for the purposes of conducting this Competition and facilitating the participant’s participation in this Competition.
7. By posting any content, images, or comments on any of Native Yard’s public and/or social media platform (in particular that which concerns the Joburg Film Festival and https://www.joburgfilmfestival.co.za/), a Participant consents to and gives Native Yard a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting Native Yard’s products and/or services.
8. Only legal residents of South Africa between the ages of 18 and 35 may participate in this Competition.
8.1 Only residents of the following regions are permitted to enter.
8.1.2 West Rand
9. Only one entry per Participant is permitted.
10. No director, employee, agent or consultant of:
10.1. Native Yard, the Joburg Film Festival and/or any of their partners;
10.2. any other subsidiary or associated person who controls or is controlled by Native Yard;
10.3. the supplier of goods or services in connection with this Competition; or
10.4. the marketer of this Competition, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members,
may enter this Competition.
11. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Native Yard may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter this Competition.
12. Native Yard reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of this Competition.
13. Native Yard reserves the right to reasonably extend, shorten, suspend the time period or this terminate Competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The Competition, Prize and Terms and Conditions may be reasonably amended by Native Yard, at any time during this Competition. In such circumstances, all Participants waive any rights that they may have and/or purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse against Native Yard whatsoever.
14. By entering this Competition, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Native Yard, its subsidiaries, and their successors and assigns, directors, employees, agents or consultants against all and any losses, claims, proceeding, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise) liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis) howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the Participant’s participation in this Competition and the Prize.
15. Should any dispute arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions, Native Yard’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
16. For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please visit https://www.joburgfilmfestival.co.za/. Any queries related to this Competition may be directed to the Joburg Film Festival (firstname.lastname@example.org), during office hours, Monday to Friday between 08h30 and 17h00.
17. This Competition will be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa and entrants to this Competition irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa, Gauteng Local Division.
18. Native Yard reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.