We are thrilled to announce the start of the Forth Annual Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) happening April 23rd through the 26th, 2020 at the beautiful Mauch Chunk Opera House in historic Jim Thorpe, PA. Our first three years were such a rousing success (see reviews) that we're expecting to double the turnout and excitement level for our fourth year.
The Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival channels the rebellious spirit of the infamous Molly Maguires, welcoming the boldest, most defiant filmmakers to present their work, shatter convention and incite spirited debate. Our credo is “eyes and minds wide open” and we mean it!
We welcome features and shorts of every genre and budget - from gritty underground and experimental films to traditional narratives and documentaries.
Note that on Saturday night, we'll be continuing our wildly popular "GRINDHOUSE” program. So send us your bloodiest, nastiest and most disturbing films that not only push the envelope, but rip it to shreds!
This year, we're also very excited to be adding a special STUDENT FILM PROGRAM and we'll be offering deep discounts or waivers for young filmmakers with proof of current enrollment.
1 Best Feature
2 Best Short
3 Best Student Film – US
4 Best Student Film – International
5 Best Documentary
6 Best LGBTQ Subject
7 Best Horror / Sci Fi
8 Best Comedy
9 Best Animation
10 Best Experimental
11 Best Grindhouse
12 Best Director – Feature
13 Best Director – Short
14 Best Student Director – US
15 Best Student Director – International
16 Best Screenplay
17 Best Screenplay – Student
18 Best Cinematography
19 Best Cinematography – Student
20 Best Production Design
21 Best Actor – Feature
22 Best Actress – Feature
23 Best Actor – Short
24 Best Actress – Short
25 Local Hero – Pennsylvania Filmmaker Award
26 Lehigh Valley Student Filmmaker Award
27 Special Jury Prize
• All projects must have been completed AFTER January 1, 2017
• Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
• Once accepted, all projects (prior to Festival screening and during its run) must not be available for sale, or available to watch in its entirety on You Tube, Vimeo, or any other website, free or otherwise.
• Entrant(s) confirm(s) and warrant(s) required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
• The Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is disqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker(s) (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
By submitting to the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1. You must execute a release agreement wherein you (I) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at JTIFF; (II) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at JTIFF; (III) indemnify and hold harmless JTIFF, Todd Morris, Jocelyn Golarz, all JTIFF sponsors, including but not limited to the town of Jim Thorpe, PA and any/all city departments, as well as JTIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, and representatives against any claim, including attorney's fees, arising out of exhibition, or non-exhibition of your film at JTIFF, and (IV) you warrant the submission of your original work and warrant that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission in question.
2. You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (I) one exhibition copy of the invited work. We recommend you ship Blu-rays via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
3. All exhibition copies must be delivered in 1080p mp4 format or Blu-ray format. Blu-ray copies will not be returned after the conclusion of JTIFF.
4. JTIFF cannot be held liable or responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement.
5. JTIFF reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, or for no reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional and convenient environment for all of our customers.
By submitting: You agree to indemnify, hold harmless from and defend JTIFF, Todd Morris, Jocelyn Golarz, JTIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against all claims, demand losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film or project submitted to the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF), or rejected/removed/disqualified by the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF).
SUBMIT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE! This not only allows more time for consideration, but you will not run the risk of missing the deadline.
Projects must be submitted via high-resolution (1080p minimum) mp4, H.264, prores, or Blu-ray discs in NTSC Region 0 or 1.
Works in progress will NOT be considered.
LANGUAGE: All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
FINAL DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by March 10th, 2019. Submissions postmarked beyond March 10th will NOT be considered.
Submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
DVD Screeners will not be returned.
LOSS OR DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted while in the possession of the Festival. However, we cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage.