The Japan Indie Film Festival, supported by Raindance London, invites filmmakers to...... submit to our first festival in Japan!
英国レインダンス映画祭の日本版が誕生。その名もレインダンスジャパン。本国レインダンス映画祭と同じく、インディペンデント作品を日本国内外から広く募集します。審査委員のメンバーにはレインダンス映画祭からエリオット・グローブはじめ映画業界で活躍する方々を招聘。レインダンスジャパンの各部門の最優秀作品5作品は英国レインダンス映画祭での上映というプライズが用意されています。* 開催は２０２０年１１月３日（祝）神宮前カプセルシアターにて。応募の詳細は https://filmfreeway.com/RaindanceJapan
The Japanese Indies Film Festival version of the is born. Our name is Japan Indies Film Festival (JIFF). As with UK Raindance Film Festival, we will screen independent work from both Japan and overseas. Members of the jury are invited from all areas of show business to the Japan Indes Film Festival and people who are active in the film industry, including Elliott Grove.
The third annual official Japan Indies Film Festival is now open for submissions! The Festival will be held on Nov. 2 & 3, 2020 at The Capsule Theater in Shibuya, Jingu Mae.
〒150-0001 東京都渋谷区神宮前 2-27-3 ハウス神宮前1F CAPSULE宛
1-F House Jingumae 2-27-3 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
We are partnered by the Raindance Film Festival London as Japan Indies Film Festival.
The official Japan Indies Film Festival l is a true independent international film festival supporting young talent around the world.
Creating dreams and hope through cinema is our vision. Returning Japan to the glory days of cinema for young filmmakers and independent artists the goal of the official Japan Indies Film Festival.
Our Jury includes some of Japan's top filmmakers and other famous filmmakers as well as industry leaders on the Arts as Jury members from around the world.
*Elliot Grove - Founder and President of Raindance Film Festival in London, England.
*Suzanne Ballantyne - Program Director of Raindance Film Festival in London, England.
*Stephen David Brooks - Award-Winning Hollywood Director
*Ken Natsuhara - Award-winning Producer
*Shauna McLarnon - President/CEO of Shameless Promotion PR
* Shogen Iktz - Actor
Our categories include:
*Virtual Reality and New Media
The official Japan Indies Film Festival is an annual film festival meant to showcase innovative independent cinema and new virtual reality from around the world by up-and-coming artists. As well as award-winning works selected by our mother
festival in Europe: The Raindance Film Festival.
We hope to be the voice and representation for films with a unique voice and message, regardless of how low the budget might be.
We are aiming to inspire, motivate and award new talent with a revitalized film festival that all of Japan can be proud of.
The official Japan Indies Film Festival accepts all forms and genres: short films, medium-length films, feature films, drama, experimental, comedy, horror, slow cinema, science fiction, fantasy, animation, documentary and we allow for special prizes for students and films shot in Atami. We also award Virtual Reality for new Virtual Reality projects and creators.
Above all, we are proud to welcome you all to our indies filmmakers’ festival! The Japan Indies Film Festival!
Universal Vision Ltd.
Weekdays 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 12:30 AM
Award Grand Prix Award (feature)
Best Music Video
Best Virtual Reality
Rules & Terms (Read carefully).
· Entries must be in English or Japanese and subtitled, dubbed in English or Japanese.
· All Entries must include a press pack including a one-paragraph synopsis and short staff biography with a photo of director and producer for promotional use.
· All Entries must include a list of cast including high-quality photos for promotional use.
· All Entries, if selected for competition, not in Japanese language, must include Japanese subtitling, cost to be borne by Filmmaker.
· Every submission has to pick one main category.
· Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
· All movie entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please do not send discs or any downloadable files to us.
· All movie scripts should be sent via FilmFreeway. Downloadable scripts are acceptable.
· By entering festival, filmmaker agrees that The official Japan Indies Film Festival has the right to use any movie stills or promotional photos for The official Japan Indies Film Festival promotional purposes.
* Films made after July, 2018 eligible
*Films must be in NTSC format.
*Features in theaters, TV, online streaming services, sales or distribution representation in Japan or winners in any Japanese film festival not eligible.
*If films are in Japanese, dialogue sheets are not necessary. Films in all other languages require dialogue sheets.
*Winners may get distribution offers in Japan (in airlines in-flight movies, theaters and Asia's biggest satellite TV network).
* We do not pay any screening fees.
*All music rights must be cleared through proper channels.
· Entries will not be returned
· Entry fees are non-refundable
* A project being Selected by the Selection Committee does not guarantee screening at the festival. Many factors can cause non-screening of projects, though we do our best to eliminate them.
*Rules are subject to change due to current circumstances.