PRIZE-WINNING FILMS IN ALL OUR CATEGORIES WILL RECEIVE FEE WAIVERS FOR ENTRY TO RAINDANCE LONDON 2022!
The second (actually fourth) annual official Japan Indies Film Festival is now open for submissions! The Festival will be held on Nov. 22, 23, 2021 at the Capsule theater in Harajuku (depending upon Corona Virus situation) - and online from Nov. 20, 2021, to Nov. 26, 2021).
We are partnered by the Raindance Film Festival London as JIFF Japan Indies Film Festival.
The official JIFF Japan Indies Film Festival is a true independent international film festival supporting young talent around the world.
Creating dreams and hope through cinema is our vision. Returning Japan to the glory days of cinema for young filmmakers and independent artists the goal of the official JIFF Japan Indies Film Festival.
Our Jury includes some of Japan's top filmmakers and other famous filmmakers as well as industry leaders on the Arts as Jury members from around the world.
*Elliot Grove - Founder and President of Raindance Film Festival in London, England.
*Suzanne Ballantyne - Program Director of Raindance Film Festival in London, England.
*Cica Oyama - Director / Producer / Writer
*Shirley Tomioka - Famous TV/Radio Caster
*Stephen Benham - Singer, songwriter, Performer & Music/TV/Film Producer.
*Mah Masaya Ogawa - Rock Star / Singer / Songwriter / Author
*Hiroshi Matsumoto - Founder of Fan Communications, inc. (E-Marketing company).
*Yujiro Seki - Director / Writer
*Tomoko Taguchi - Director / DJ
*Sheena Rogers - Youtuber
Universal Vision Ltd.
Weekdays 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturdays: 10:00 AM – 12:30 AM
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Music Video
Best Virtual Reality
Rules & Terms (Read carefully).
· Selected films must be in English or Japanese and subtitled. (Japanese language films must be dubbed in English and English language films must be subtitled in Japanese.)
· All Entries must include a press pack including a one-paragraph synopsis and short staff biography with a photo of director and producer for promotional use.
· All Entries must include a list of cast including high-quality photos for promotional use.
· All Entries, if selected for competition, not in Japanese language, must include Japanese subtitling, cost to be borne by Filmmaker.
· Every submission has to pick one main category.
· Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
· All movie entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please do not send discs or any downloadable files to us.
· All movie scripts should be sent via FilmFreeway.
· By entering festival, filmmaker agrees that The official Japan Indies Film Festival has the right to use any movie stills or promotional photos for The official Japan Indies Film Festival promotional purposes.
* Films made after Jan. 2018 eligible
*Films must be in NTSC format.
*Features in theaters, TV, online streaming services, sales or distribution representation in Japan or winners in any Japanese film festival not eligible.
*If films are in Japanese, dialogue sheets are not necessary. Films in all other languages require dialogue sheets.
*Winners may get distribution offers in Japan (in airlines in-flight movies, theaters and Asia's biggest satellite TV network).
* We do not pay any screening fees.
*All music rights must be cleared through proper channels.
· Entries will not be returned
· Entry fees are non-refundable
* A project being Selected by the Selection Committee does not guarantee screening at the festival. Many factors can cause non-screening of projects, though we do our best to eliminate them.
* Film winners at other Japanese festivals are not eligible.
*Rules are subject to change due to current circumstances.