The International ScreenDance Festival's mission is to expand access to the arts, advance education, engage with Iowa City Community, and embrace artistic films from all over the world creating an equitable and inclusive Global community.
Screendance increases the possibilities of movement expression through the intersection of movement and cinema resulting in a distinctive, hybrid form of performance art that creates a magical viewing experience.
The International ScreenDance Festival 2023 in the spirit of being inclusive, embraces new generations to the festival through the creation of two categories:
· Students of dance, choreography, film from any University.
· Professionals from around the world.
By creating a welcoming environment and fairness in the curative process, we believe that these categories demonstrate equity to filmmakers in any stage of their career.
After submission review, the selected films will screen at the Chauncey location of FilmScene in Iowa City.
UI Students FREE
Students $10.00 US
Professionals $20.00 US
Live screenings begin with the premiere of the students and professional division at Filmscene Downtown Iowa City August 26. Viewers are encouraged to vote for their favorite films so the People’s Choice Award can be announced the week following these screenings.
The International ScreenDance Festival is a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions may be made payable to International ScreenDance Festival and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
College Student Artists Award for Outstanding Screendance
Professional Film Artists Award for Outstanding Screendance
People's Choice College Student Artists Award for Screendance
People's Choice Professional Film Artists Award for Screendance
More curators for the festival are in the process of being solidified.
• Maximum time for each submission is eight minutes
• Only two submissions allowed per artist
• Date of completion of the submitted works, not older than 2021
• There are no limitations on submissions for films that have been presented at other festivals and/or online
• Films have to be connected with movement, choreography, dance or clear kinetic expression
Selected films must provide the following;
• High resolution still images (jpg, 300dpi)
• Description of the film or artistic statement (no longer than 150 words)
• An exhibition file for your film. We prefer 1920x1080 AppleProRes or H264 files
(.mov or .mp4)
• Over all Message
• Dance/Movement concept and execution