Screen-Dance is a genre that combines choreography and moving image. This intersection of movement and cinema results in a distinctive, hybrid form of performance art that creates for a magical viewing experience. Dance has been a subject of film since the birth of cinema, but Screen-Dance is now becoming more accepted as a genre in its own right. Particularly in these COVID-19 pandemic times, restrictions on live performing arts have sparked a renewed interest in exploring dance on the screen - both in artists and audiences alike.
The International ScreenDance Festival 2022, in the spirit of being more inclusive, embraces new generations to the festival through the creation of two categories:
· Students of dance, choreography, film from any University.
· Professionals from around the world.
By creating a welcoming environment and fairness in the curative process, we believe that these categories demonstrate equity.
After submission review, the selected films will stream online from three different venues, both nationally and internationally. Platforms will be announced soon!
UI Students FREE
Students $10.00 US
Professionals $20.00 US
The screening begins with a premiere of the student division and professional division on live at Filmscene and Virtually on August, 26th 2022. Viewers are encouraged to vote for their favorite film so the People's Choice Award can be announced the last day of the screening.
Watch the 2021 promo video here: https://youtu.be/C8hpjYcNvbs
The International ScreenDance Festival is a sponsored project of InterDance, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions on behalf of The International ScreenDance Festival may be made payable to InterDance and are tax deductible to the extend permitted by law.
College Student Artists Award for Outstanding Screendance
Professional Film Artists Award for Outstanding Screendance
People's Choice College Student Artists Award for Screendance
People's Choice Professional Film Artists Award for Screendance
• Maximum time for each submission is eight minutes
• Only two submissions allowed per artist
• Date of completion of the submitted works, not older than 2019
• There are no limitations on submissions for films that have been presented at other festivals and/or online
• Films have to be connected with movement, choreography, dance or clear kinetic expression
Selected films must provide the following;
• High resolution still images (jpg, 300dpi)
• Description of the film or artistic statement (no longer than 150 words)
• An exhibition file for your film. We prefer 1920x1080 AppleProRes or H264 files
(.mov or .mp4)
• Over all Message
• Dance/Movement concept and execution
Curatorial team to be announced soon.